What's new

INTRODUCING Albion NEO. The next chapter in our bestselling Albion series.

when is NAMM? Christian said on twitter people could play with the new Albion there, during its promo period.

Hard to tell if that photo is from Air or MV?

Isn't the same hall and mic positions kind of a defining feature of the Albion range?

I personally only own Loegria, but it seems like none of them are flexible for different genres/styles, whereas you could easily use them all in conjunction beause of the hall. Of course, "The Next Chapter" in this situation could well mean that they're gonna make a new multi-volume Albion range in a different hall :S

For me, the best SF library is Sable/SCS and things like Evo’s, LCO, Orch Swarm’s strings, Mural Ens/Evo, Tundra and Uist’s strings, and their main solo strings are just extensions of that. It’s a shame they have to produce all these filler libraries when they have the manpower to do so much more sampling and scripting wise.

For me, the best SF library is Sable/SCS and things like Evo’s, LCO, Orch Swarm’s strings, Mural Ens/Evo, Tundra and Uist’s strings, and their main solo strings are just extensions of that. It’s a shame they have to produce all these filler libraries when they have the manpower to do so much more sampling and scripting wise.

I love Spitfire, big fan, but I think I am with you on this one. They seem to be going the "apple route" of releasing "new" products all the time with high price tags which seem to be slightly newer iterations of their older products, when they could be spending time really changing the game, like they did with Olafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions and their other textural libraries.

Hoping this is something new and earth shattering, not just some rehash of earlier libraries. I get that they are a business and they need to be profitable to remain in business, but I honestly haven't been excited about a Spitfire release since London Contemporary Orchestra Textures. I purchased Kepler when it first came out and to be honest I wish I hadn't.

Just my thoughts, not dev bashing by any means.

I love Spitfire, big fan, but I think I am with you on this one. They seem to be going the "apple route" of releasing "new" products all the time with high price tags which seem to be slightly newer iterations of their older products, when they could be spending time really changing the game, like they did with Olafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions and their other textural libraries.

Hoping this is something new and earth shattering, not just some rehash of earlier libraries. I get that they are a business and they need to be profitable to remain in business, but I honestly haven't been excited about a Spitfire release since London Contemporary Orchestra Textures. I purchased Kepler when it first came out and to be honest I wish I hadn't.

Just my thoughts, not dev bashing by any means.

Kepler strings is really awful i have to say, useless... and i am with you...Evos, LCOT or Swarm are great libraries, but nothing in for me since then...

I agree. I like SCS and use it all the time. I also bought Studio Strings, thinking it would be nice to have drier and a bit bigger version of SCS. It was a mistake. I hated everything about it like sound, playability, programming etc. It's hard for me to believe these two libraries were even made by some people. Also these texture/pad sounds are not interesting for me which Spitfire keep releasing one after another. I mean I don't think I would ever hire 60 cellists to play with stick of their bows at the edge of silence.

A couple of thoughts on this, and the nature of innovation in general.

One is that one person's "filller" is another's break and butter. I don't much care for loud brass libraries, or overly sound-design libraries, but that doesn't make them filler.

And the other is that creating genuine innovations necessarily means taking risks. I wouldn't have though that the Olafur evo would turn out to be so transformative. But its based on the experience of a number of other libraries, some of what have been great, but some of which have been ... well not bad, but inessential (evo 2, for instance is ... certainly not bad, and defiantly nice to have, but nowhere near as essential as OACE). Similarly with Tundra. A "really quiet orchestra" was probably not as completely obviously good an idea at the time as is clearly is in retrospect.

I hope they'll continue to take risks. And if not every library hits it out of the park, that could simply indicate that they're taking genuine risks.

Or that they're making libraries for a more diverse audience than myself. (I though that LCO was amazing, but LCOT was just a little bit to ambient for it to me more that nice-to-have).

But its all good.

(case in point - I'm still not sure who all these people are waiting for saxophones in their Albion, but this thead has been expanding my perspective on that also).

Kepler strings is really awful i have to say, useless... and i am with you...Evos, LCOT or Swarm are great libraries, but nothing in for me since then...
Whatever you think of Kepler you can't say it was SF trying to do the same old thing. It differs substantially from their orchestral libraries and it differs from their Evos. You might not like it, but that's a completely different proposition.

Really looking forward to sharing all the info with you towards the end of the week and if you're at NAMM come and try this on our lovely new big stand. I think the release of this will make perfect sense when thinking about the Albion saga as a whole. Anyone got an idea of what it will be yet? and name?

For me this is Spitfire going back to the very heart of what we love doing, and why we are where we are, so I hope you'll celebrate that with us this Thursday as VI-C is as much part of this story as we are! I've been working on the trailer music all week, and this library has instantly become a very personal favourite of mine and a long overdue replacement to one of my workhorses! But with a richer feature set.

Really looking forward to sharing all the info with you towards the end of the week and if you're at NAMM come and try this on our lovely new big stand. I think the release of this will make perfect sense when thinking about the Albion saga as a whole. Anyone got an idea of what it will be yet? and name?

For me this is Spitfire going back to the very heart of what we love doing, and why we are where we are, so I hope you'll celebrate that with us this Thursday as VI-C is as much part of this story as we are! I've been working on the trailer music all week, and this library has instantly become a very personal favourite of mine and a long overdue replacement to one of my workhorses! But with a richer feature set.

Albion TWO?

Saxes seems to be just about the only instruments missing from the SF catalogue. Is it Blue Note, Albion VI?

Albion textures?

Top Bottom