What's new

I can not get SIPS working for me in Kontakt scripting

MapleFoxx

I keep getting an error, Sips will not set up for me does anyone know why this is happening?
attached screenshots.. Kontakt not allowing multiscript? why? is this because i'm using Kontakt player?
i wouldn't think that is why because i use scripts already. but i don't use multiple scripts at once yet. But i mean Kontakt player has the multi scripts tab.. something is wrong cuz i'ts not working for me.. i know this is an outdated older script too. So like maybe doesn't work with Kontakt 7 anymore?

Is there any scripted legato for kontakt script that is usable right now for me?
i bought fanfare, i'm trying to revive this old library using Reaticulate i have it set up real good, just need a legato script and i'm set.

Attachments

• I can not get SIPS working for me in Kontakt scripting
    Screenshot 2024-04-28 195359.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 14
    Screenshot 2024-04-28 195336.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 14
I’m pretty sure SIPs is an instrument script not a multiscript so you need to insert it in an open slot in the instrument.

ETA: if so it likely means you need full Kontakt.

instrument script? so there is like script tabs under custom instruments in kontakt. like in the actual instrument window? i think i see that in the guys' video now. ppl always leaving out details in tutorials and leaving me clueless... i love it lololol

Do you know of any other legato script i could use or no
i really need to upgrade to kontakt full but it's like 200$ for me and i'm not going to use any of those libraries that come with it. I just feels like i'm paying 200$ to be able to make scripts and custom instruments, which is still pretty cool not gonna lie, but 200 is lot for me. i'm broke lolol. I will upgrade eventually, there's a lot of cool libraries i can't buy because of this still. And Impact Soundworks even have a course now how to make your own Kontakt library, i think that would be neat to do.

Even if you had Kontakt Full... I don't think you can just slap SIPS onto an existing library and expecting it to work right out of the box. If I were you I would try to get as much of a monophonic phrase as possible using the library you have & use the pitch bend to make slight "legato-ish" movements. But really as little as possible, since pitch bend tends so sound very awkward in general for acoustic instruments. The trick there is to use a bit of reverb in the sends.

Wait for Kontakt full to go on sale. I seem to recall it regularly goes on sale at 50% during the summer.

In the meantime as folks note, you can fake it reasonably well with idiomatic lines and judicious use of reverb.

There are two types of scripts.
  1. Multi Scripts that sit at the top of the Kontakt rack which deal with midi information only.
  2. Instrument scripts that sit inside each individual instrument. These can control much more however, if the instrument is locked for editing, you cannot access these script slots.
  3. The language/terminology used for 1 & 2 are different.
SIPs is an Instrument script; it is also unlikely that it will work if an instrument already has a script (GUI) as the scripts may conflict with each other.

Last edited:
There are no legato Multiscripts, simply because it cannot access/shape individual notes (only midi information)
okie, thanks for explaining all this. I found Grumpymonkey website from searching around on here. I have composer friends who never use this site also. Showed them Xfade. everyone loves it. All those plugins are amazing. I will be getting them all.

I set up Niente just now with that overlay script just using Staccato overlay, and because volume control only effects ch1 my staccato is still nice and loud depending on my velocity i hit on the key. so i can have like a performance sfz crescendo this way. pretty cool stuff.

Attachments

Screenshot 2024-05-01 210413.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom