What's new

Hello!

CMW

Hi Everyone,

I found this forum while searching for information about vintage Pro Tools gear. I'm currently in the process of putting together a vintage Nubus system. I'm just starting out with computer composition and recording. I have very little experience. I'm doing a lot of research about vintage Digidesign hardware/software. I have a Digidesign 12-slot Nubus Chassis, but don't have the PowerPC ECI card. I'm currently looking for one. (Anybody have one for sale?)

I've collected most of the gear needed to run the system, with the exception of an 888 interface and the ECI card. When I was a kid, used to look in magazines and see pictures of tricked-out Nubus systems and always wanted one. The aesthetic of an old Digidesign System paired with a beige Macintosh is very cool.

I'm fascinated by old Digidesign technology because a lot of my favorite records were recorded during the period from the early-mid 1990s on said technology, and in an era of endless soft-synths and digital recording options, those albums still sound better than a lot of what is coming out today. What a unique time in music history. The things that could be done on a Mac IIfx/Quadra/PowerMac were mind-blowing for the era; however, limitations forced people to be creative.

I'm happy to have found this forum. There are many knowledgeable people here.

Top Bottom