What's new

Hello from Portland, OR

darrelljazz

Hey all,

I'm excited to discover this forum. I'm a jazz pianist, composer & music professor based in Portland, Oregon. Newly entering the world of software instruments & digital media, I'm interested in exploring the possibilities of virtual instruments and figuring out how to realize more of my music through digital means. My music ranges from straight-ahead jazz to chamber music, to pop to opera. Looking forward to learning and making connections here.

My folks live down the block from you in Salem! I'm normally up in Portland a few times a year when there aren't pesky pandemics happening... I love the city and the area very much. Hope to hear you play there sometime in the future after things settle down!

Welcome from Australia, mate.

It'll be really-exciting for you as you start to be able to bring new life to your noodles and compositions, I'm bettin'. :emoji_beers:

Welcome!!! I'm also a newbie - and a classical / jazz musician. I'm here for the same reason... especially to learn more about various software instruments that sound realistic.

Thanks. I have fond memories of touring over there. Some good friends that teach in Groningen.
That’s my city! Happen to know Tollak? One of the coolest musicians around these parts. I believe he’s from the US (Alaska?)

Last edited:
Hey all,

I'm excited to discover this forum. I'm a jazz pianist, composer & music professor based in Portland, Oregon. Newly entering the world of software instruments & digital media, I'm interested in exploring the possibilities of virtual instruments and figuring out how to realize more of my music through digital means. My music ranges from straight-ahead jazz to chamber music, to pop to opera. Looking forward to learning and making connections here.
Where abouts in PDX? I used to live on what is now NW Naito back in the 80s at McCormick Pier. There was a great jazz club on SW Park, the Brasserie Montmartre, where a fabulous sax player, Dennis Springer, used to have a weekly residency.

Top Bottom