What's new

Greetings from The Netherlands

I've made some posts on this forum but haven't properly introduced myself.
I'm an electronic music producer, freelance audio engineer and pianist from The Netherlands. All this is mostly a hobby, but I have semi-professional ambitions. I have a parttime job, so fortunately I have time to focus on music as well.

My biggest passions are electronic music and classical music (mainly solo piano and symphonic music), but I like a bit of everything really.
I'm a big fan of Russian composer Alexander Scriabin (see avatar). Other favorites are Chopin, Liszt, Rachmaninoff, Bruckner, Mahler, Sibelius etc. In electronic music some of my favorites are Steve Roach, Michael Stearns, Tangerine Dream, The Midnight (synthwave).

These last few years I've been making and releasing some synthwave and ambient music myself.
After completing a parttime education in music production and audio engineering, I also started doing a bit of freelance audio engineering (mixing/mastering). Among other things, I had the pleasure of mixing and mastering a live recording from a Toto tribute band, which I enjoyed a lot.
Then I play the piano. I've been playing keyboard/piano for most of my life. I usually study one or two (shorter) classical pieces a year.

Finally, I'm getting ready to produce cinematic and production music, which brought me to this forum.
So I guess you could say my musical interests and activities are all over the place. Sometimes it's hard to find focus when one likes so much... :) This quote by Rachmaninoff sums it up nicely: "Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music."

Anyway, wish you all a great new year and looking forward to spending some more time here!

Hoi Ruben! Wat Marcus zegt ^

Nice to meet you and looking forward to engage with you on these boards in ‘24! Always love me some synthwave.

Best, Temme (Groningen)

Top Bottom