What's new

Game / film composer from Helsinki, Finland

Salla Hakkola

Hi all,

I thought it would be a good time to join this forum after being a media composer for 15 years. Have so many questions and my usual personal tec support is always busy and it's about time I find out more about these stuff myself. With your help, hopefully. Good to be a part of the community.

I worked in the Angry Birds company Rovio for eight years and now I compose / produce music through my own company for Clash of Clans and Merge Mansion to name a few brands. I'm also a harpist and I do experimental stuff with e-harp and play with different bands & projects, mainly pop / jazz/ ethnic / contemporary experimental & sound art.

I work with Cubase and usually combine vst instruments with live instruments. I do my own orchestration and have written for symphony orchestras. But I'd like to learn more about taking my producing skills with synth sounds and manipulating organic sound in order to be able to create music in a different way than how I'm used to working atm. Hence joining this forum at this point!

I'd like to start composing more to films & series at some point and also work on my album, which I've planned for years and really really have an urge to do it but haven't maybe dared to start - and there's always a lot of game music to do - a prefect excuse!

So, nice to meet you all!

Tervetuloa! This can be a good place to learn the stuff you’re looking for. But beware of the sales threads!

Top Bottom