What's new

Century Strings??

How does Century Strings perform as a chamber string size library? For a chamber library it’s on the big side but my other main library is SSO (60 players) which is often too large. Is this a viable option at 48USD?

How does Century Strings perform as a chamber string size library? For a chamber library it’s on the big side but my other main library is SSO (60 players) which is often too large. Is this a viable option at 48USD?
It’s not a chamber sized string band. It doesn’t sound like one. However, there are plenty of walk-through and demo tracks, that will give you an idea of the sound. In the walk-through videos, if you listen only to the music and ignore the presenter, you can get a pretty clear idea of what their libraries sound like.

if you listen only to the music and ignore the presenter
Here’s a Century 2.0 video actually presented by its creator, so not the “usual” presenter.

;)

@Mr. Ha Jrides is right, this isn’t a chamber string band. Although in terms of sound it isn’t a symphonic sized band either. So I wouldn’t really use this for typical chamber arrangements, but still it has a pretty decent sound, so I do advise you to check out some of the walkthrough videos that are out there.

Just got it - and love Century Strings so far for the sounds. What I really like is the engine here with the 10 slots - the strings are nearly consistent concerning the articulations, so I set up nkis for all instruments and articulations. Another big plus is that the position of the keyswitches can be defined. Wish all libraries had this.
Tried to play all instruments in Kontakt 6 standalone rackmode there were unfortunately droput-crackles.
Played with the buffer size (and multicore-settings), but couldn't get rid of it. Maybe because so many samples are loaded? So it might not have something to do with Century strings - not sure.
No problem in Cubase.

Top Bottom