What's new

Best Alto Sax?

artomatic

Just purchased Embertone's Herring Clarinet. I love its expressiveness and flexibility.
Is there an Alto Sax out there that can match or come close to this library?
Thanks in advance!

+1 for SWAM Audiomodelling. Alto Sax is covered so poorly in many libraries, but Audio modeling nailed it here. Good demonstration here. Try using it with a breath controller for added realism; if you haven't seen this before with this library, this guy shows off the sample modelling with breath controller like no one I've seen - he doesn't use sax in these videos, but you'll get the idea from the expression he can get out of brass and winds from sample modelling. For sax plus breath control, check this out, which also sounds great.

That SWAM alto sax though... Wow! I wonder if SWAM maintained the same controls/functionality as Sample Modeling's The Trumpet 3 (which I own and love)?

The saxes in Project Sam Swing sound great. Not as many arts as with modeled instruments though.

Yeah they do. But I was disappointed as well with the lack of available arts with all the brass, etc... I'm really liking SWAM's ample options/programmability. I know it takes a bit longer to achieve maximum realism but it's worth it.
Hey @Saxer . Being a sax player (not to mention a masterful string arranger/programmer), thanks very much for the recommendation! And also to @Garry @germancomponist @Lotias and the swingin' @Paul Grymaud . Truly appreciate it!!

Wow!! I love the Swam Soprano sax and the Alto is also great. I must have somehow missed the videos on Youtube when I was looking to pick up a convincing soprano sax back around Black Friday so thanks to all the links. Time to part with $250 but this is worth it.

Top Bottom