What's new

AVAILABLE NOW! Hans Zimmer Percussion Professional

HZPP will be all the sample files from HZ01 and HZ03 (plus a new interface). So it stands to reason that it will be around the size of those added together.

HZ01 is 41902 Samples; 106.8 GB Disk Space ; HZ03 is 10720 Samples; 15.2 GB DISK.

HZ Percussion is 12225 Samples; 19.6 GB DISK.
NEW PRO Manual Pg 2, referenced by SF just now, states .............. 12225 Samples; 19.6 GB DISK __ same as existing HZ Perc.

I don't think so, but _ wthdoik ?? :barefoot:

HZ01 is 41902 Samples; 106.8 GB Disk Space ; HZ03 is 10720 Samples; 15.2 GB DISK.

NEW PRO Manual Pg 2, referenced by SF just now, states .............. 12225 Samples; 19.6 GB DISK __ same as existing HZ Perc.

Yeah the manual is just plain wrong unless Spitfire has just invented the world's greatest compression algorithm.

Hi folks, thanks for bearing with us. My message to jononotbono was just confirming that anyone owning HZ01 and HZ03 would get Hans Zimmer Percussion Professional for free. The actual price he was seeing was wrong I'm afraid and we have now fixed that. Thanks for your patience and honesty everyone. Ben

15FCC6BC-10B9-4B97-BEC8-846204E7252E.jpeg

Oldheimer's eyes here, and would be a bit happier if graphics/backgrounds were some different for Percussion and Pro. Decent twin monitors here, but still looks like same Libraries ....gotta look hard for 'Professional' :P

This has left me confused as well! 116GB vs 19.6GB!

Huge difference in size of original libraries vs HZPP! Yet we"re told HZP has all the content of HZ1&3

Spitfire, can you unravel this for us please?

Last edited:
I have HZ1 and want to upgrade to HZPP. When it comes time to download how do I want to go about it? Erase my HZ1 folder and replace it with HZPP? Should I keep the HZ1 folder and just add to it? If HZ1 contains files that will be in HZPP is there a way to not have to redownload what I already have and just download the content that upgrades my HZ1 to HZPP?

I'll wait for the next update when HZ01, 02 et 03 will be repackage into one lib !!!

OK I'm just trolling !!! ;) :) :P

Thanks Spitfire for all your fantastic products ! :2thumbs:

I have HZ1 and want to upgrade to HZPP. When it comes time to download how do I want to go about it? Erase my HZ1 folder and replace it with HZPP? Should I keep the HZ1 folder and just add to it? If HZ1 contains files that will be in HZPP is there a way to not have to redownload what I already have and just download the content that upgrades my HZ1 to HZPP?

This was answered earlier but yes, you do have to download the entire instrument with all sample content. HZPP can replace HZ01 and HZ03, or you can keep these older versions if old sessions reference them (or you'd like to use the older interface). But there will be redundent samples (19.6GB worth, about 16%).

And clearly the manual is a typo. Not sure why it is still unfixed, but expect it to change to 120GB install size and 240GB while installing. Yowsa!! :)

This was answered earlier but yes, you do have to download the entire instrument with all sample content. HZPP can replace HZ01 and HZ03, or you can keep these older versions if old sessions reference them (or you'd like to use the older interface). But there will be redundent samples (19.6GB worth, about 16%).

And clearly the manual is a typo. Not sure why it is still unfixed, but expect it to change to 120GB install size and 240GB while installing. Yowsa!! :)
Thanks now that you mention it I do remember seeing that information. 128 gigs? That sounds like an overnighter into the early afternoon download.

Is it correct that if I buy the normal HZP with 40% student discount and then upgrade to professional it'd be a bit cheaper than if I bought the professional version from the start?

Is it correct that if I buy the normal HZP with 40% student discount and then upgrade to professional it'd be a bit cheaper than if I bought the professional version from the start?
How? What is the Upgrade Price? Curious to know.

Finally went ahead and bought HZ01&3 as I always coveted both libraries, they are now at super prices and it's just a few duckets more than HZPP, which I'll get for free...

I still don't get the GB discrepancy between the two options and no response from SF...so playing it safe and following the recommendations of some who own the original...Kinda love both setups and can see using selective parts of the original from time to time...having both is the best of both worlds for me and SSD mfgs :rofl:

Last edited:
I wish.. I think it was an error or he had also hz01.

The price displayed for me was $178 to upgrade from HZ01 to HZ Percussion Pro.
The upgrade price seem to vary depending on which versions you own.
Like, if you only own HZ01 or HZ03 or HZ Perc Standard, or a combination of them.
Thats why its just simpler to go to their shop, login to your account and put the HZ Percussion Pro in to your cart.

And I have to say, they've really done a good job with their "complete your bundle" system, which I think they are also using to make the upgrade process simple for HZ Percussions.

Top Bottom