What's new

AR trumpets vs CS trumpets - who has both?

erica-grace

I have Cinebrass, and the trumpets are fantastic. I dont like the trumpets in JXL Brass (tho the rest is really good).

Listening to the Abbey Road trumpets, it seems as tho they lean more towards CS than JXL. I am wondering if I should pick these up. Those who have them, how are you making out with them? If I already have Cinebrass, do I need AR trumpets, or is it just redundant?

Don't have either, but speaking objectively, why consider another trumpets if you already like what you have in the first place? unless AR have another sound or articulations that you really need then I think getting them would be redundant. Also Cinebrass is supposedly getting a huge upgrade soon (in terms of programming/interface as far as I understood) which may make it even better than it already is to you...

I have been curious about both AROOF trumpets and the more recent Thematic Trumpets all because Blakus spoke really highly of the former's staccatos. The Thematic Trumpets don't sound as good to me but have legato, and at least it can be bought a la carte. Cinebrass' trumpets don't have as much variety in RR and dynamics from my experience, though they sound great for most use.

I have been curious about both AROOF trumpets and the more recent Thematic Trumpets all because Blakus spoke really highly of the former's staccatos. The Thematic Trumpets don't sound as good to me but have legato, and at least it can be bought a la carte. Cinebrass' trumpets don't have as much variety in RR and dynamics from my experience, though they sound great for most use.
Thematic Trumpets are great for huge unison lines. I find that 4 players (and the resulting tuning variation) becomes too messy when trying any kind of chords etc. The lack of lower dynamics in Thematic Trumpets limits its usage a little too. Both very cool to have though. For flexible short artics, the base AROOF trumpets all the way though!

Last edited:
Top Bottom