What's new

The Witches Brew Tavern - Now also on YouTube!

Tatiana Gordeeva

Long time member
The Witches Brew Tavern_cover_3000x3000 v2 copy.png

If, late, on a moonless night, you dare to walk through the dark medieval cobbled alleys of La Petite France on Strasbourg's Grande Île, you will invariably pass in front an infamous pub aptly named The Witches Brew Tavern, a shoddy establishment built on what used to be the Ol' Tanners' House.

There, from the street, you will hear voices, screams, laughs and vile noises of all sorts. If you venture to look through the greasy windows you will see, through the smoke and dirt, drunken men and women of ill repute, apparently having a good time...

DO NOT SUCCUMB TO THE TEMPTATION TO JOIN THEM !
DO NOT ENTER !!!!

'Cause what you don't see are the witches watching them from the dark corners of the room, waiting for them to depart for a night of debauchery, and ready to "kindly" guide them to the nearest forest where.... well... you know!...

Have a safe All Hallows’ Eve and a happy Allhallowtide everyone !
See you back on All Souls' Day !!
Tatianhahahahaha :grin:

Instruments used here:

Karoryfer's new Orcophony library, featuring several tracks with these very unique instruments using different techniques: Tagelharpa, Suka, Gobbotron , Ophicleide, Strakharpa, voices, laughters, whistles, cymbals, metal percussions, noises, etc.

Loops de la Crème's very cool Easy Theremin (for the howling sounds)

And for a good measure of tavern ambiance, an atmospheric track of shouting pirates & sleazy harlots, glasses clinking, bottles breaking, hand fights, crossing swords and all the typical brewhaha [sic] of such a distinguished establishment. ;)

3ps5.gif

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for listening and for your kind comments! ❤️

It was really fun to make this little seasonal track and Orcophony offers so many unusual instruments that I could not resist using many of them (about 15 separate tracks) to create a strange, chaotically moving kind of slow Orc-ish waltz. :)

Great track, very original and fun! Nice how you used Easy Theremin here :thumbsup: ;)
I wanted to use Easy Theremin for a while now :) I was very surprised to be able to create these howling sounds with it. Never heard anything similar in any other library. Very unique and perfect for my purpose here. Now I plan to explore it to see its other possibilities. E.T. is now calling me... ;)

@kgdrum, you have a reoccurring dream of drinking with harlots in a sleazy bar, hoping for cheap sex, to be ultimately devoured by a few witches later in the night???
:eek::eek::eek:
Hummm...(adjusting my glasses) Well, it's not so rare... Actually I knew a guy....

:grin::rofl::grin:

No drinking with harlots in sleazy bars and being devoured by witches is my typical evening. Nothing about this is a cheap fantasy this happens to be a nightly occurrence.
The dream perfectly captured with the beautiful soothing music you wrote which is interspersed with the beautiful laugh and mischievous smile of the sorceress who repeatedly declares PSW! PSW! PSW! while this theme song that’s running in my head repeats over and over again. How did you do that? Who are you?

No drinking with harlots in sleazy bars and being devoured by witches is my typical evening. Nothing about this is a cheap fantasy this happens to be a nightly occurrence.
:rofl: The worst part is that I believe you! :rofl:
The dream perfectly captured with the beautiful soothing music you wrote which is interspersed with the beautiful laugh and mischievous smile of the sorceress who repeatedly declares PSW! PSW! PSW! while this theme song that’s running in my head repeats over and over again.
By PSW I guess you don't mean a Personal Support Worker such as nurse ;) but more probably a Pot Smoking Whore, although some people can be both I suppose and be called PPSSWWs or something... :grin:
How did you do that? Who are you?
I come from your worst nightmares into your reality to haunt you through your daydreaming my friend... hahahaha... Now let's go take a walk in the woods to talk about it... First, tell me more about your mother... :confused:

By PSW I guess you don't mean a Personal Support Worker such as nurse ;) but more probably a Pot Smoking Whore, although some people can be both I suppose and be called PPSSWWs or something... :grin:

I come from your worst nightmares into your reality to haunt you through your daydreaming my friend... hahahaha... Now let's go take a walk in the woods to talk about it... First, tell me more about your mother... :confused:

Unfortunately not even close re: PSW! One day you might understand.
But if this needs to be explained…………….

Such a child………..
Nightmares? Not at all, extraordinary flashes of omnidirectional pulsating iridescence while hearing the fevered chants repeatedly saying:
PSW! PSW! PSW!

This happens to be as far from haunting as can be.

The Witches Brew Tavern_cover_3000x3000 v2 copy.png

If, late, on a moonless night, you dare to walk through the dark medieval cobbled alleys of La Petite France on Strasbourg's Grande Île, you will invariably pass in front an infamous pub aptly named The Witches Brew Tavern, a shoddy establishment built on what used to be the Ol' Tanners' House.

There, from the street, you will hear voices, screams, laughs and vile noises of all sorts. If you venture to look through the greasy windows you will see, through the smoke and dirt, drunken men and women of ill repute, apparently having a good time...

DO NOT SUCCUMB TO THE TEMPTATION TO JOIN THEM !
DO NOT ENTER !!!!

'Cause what you don't see are the witches watching them from the dark corners of the room, waiting for them to depart for a night of debauchery, and ready to "kindly" guide them to the nearest forest where.... well... you know!...

Have a safe All Hallows’ Eve and a happy Allhallowtide everyone !
See you back on All Souls' Day !!
Tatianhahahahaha :grin:

Instruments used here:

Karoryfer's new Orcophony library, featuring several tracks with these very unique instruments using different techniques: Tagelharpa, Suka, Gobbotron , Ophicleide, Strakharpa, voices, laughters, whistles, cymbals, metal percussions, noises, etc.

Loops de la Crème's very cool Easy Theremin (for the howling sounds)

And for a good measure of tavern ambiance, an atmospheric track of shouting pirates & sleazy harlots, glasses clinking, bottles breaking, hand fights, crossing swords and all the typical brewhaha [sic] of such a distinguished establishment. ;)

3ps5.gif

The very best post of the year!

Oh, those cackles take me back to all those lovely nights in the forest sharing jokes about Matthew Hopkins shortcomings!

Top Bottom