What's new

Synth with your fav arpeggiator?

bill5

I post this realizing I'm not sure of my answer offhand :) But posting while I thought of it - it could be one with the best presets or the one with the best abilities to make your own, or both. I'll have to go back into my DAW, I am pretty sure of my short list but want to confirm.

Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, one synth to rule them all. So many good sounds, even loads and edits Trilian (Basses) and Keyscape (Keys) sounds if you own them. 13,000 presets, many third party presets (The unfinished).

Great Arpegiator. :)

Thanks but this isn't about presets or any other features other than the arpeggiator :)

Falcon 2 has a good one (with Euclidian sequencing), Pigments 2 has a solid one too. DS Thorn has a great glitchy arpeggiator. And I have to say that envelope arpeggiator that Carbon Electra has (got it as a freebie last month) is pretty cool too. Finally, Waves FlowMotion has a step sequencer where you can swap in and out entire patches, which is a neat idea too.

@bill5 Thinking out of the box... maybe this one is cool too? (not a synth of course, but free)
Everything from the surge team is cool.
@EvilDragon has just announced that Shortcircuit (Sampler of Vember Audio) is open source too. Will take some time 'til it is usable, but ...

BlueArp (you can change the GUI theme gladly ;) you all know, I hope?

Logic has by far my favorite arp.
Otherwise an arp included in a synth i would say Alchemy since it can nicely morph. But that is also Logic.
Well, then maybe Omnisphere 2 or Zebra 2 (polyphonic arp).
But i mainly prefer extern midi FX.
Cthulhu is great too.

I often use synth-based Kontakt libraries rather than dedicated synth VI's. Kontakt itself has some pretty powerful arpeggiator and sequencer scripts available, though this is not equally well exploited in every library you might come across. Personally, I'm very fond of those based on Photosynthesis Engine. It's really flexible and easy to manipulate with great results. Also, the 2.0 update for the Native Instruments "Play" series has brought the sequencer section, which is (IMO) an excellent move.

Speaking of Native Instruments, their "Rounds" Reaktor ensemble has some interesting arp and seq capabilities that I'm hoping to investigate more deeply in the future.

Top Bottom