What's new

Spitfire Appassionata - Release Thread

This sounds incredible. Sure, I wish this was a free update to existing libraries, but I'm assuming new recording techniques were needed, so I understand. At least we get a 35% loyalty discount for owning SSS, SCS, Symphonic Evos, or Symphonic Motions, so we get almost the same price right now as waiting a year for when it is eligible for 40% off.

Finally great legatos from Spitfire. Makes me very optimistic for the upcoming modular Abbey Road 1 orchestra.

Hope we'll soon get the purge functionality for the Spitfire Player or this will blow up RAM like nothing with those 5 dynamic layers.

I'm not totally sure how the size fits in with SCS and SSS. 8/6/6/6/4 is right in between the others and it might not be so seamless to use it just as the SCS/SSS legato. Otherwise, a lovely size for string sections - broad, yet detailed.

Also, I'm very curious what this "impulse legato" actually means in the way it's recorded.

Finally great legatos from Spitfire. Makes me very optimistic for the upcoming modular Abbey Road 1 orchestra.

Also I hope we'll soon get the purge functionality for the Spitfire Player or this will blow up RAM like nothing with those 5 dynamic layers.

I'm not totally sure how the size fits in with SCS and SSS. 8/6/6/6/4 is right in between the others and it might not be so seamless to use it just as the SCS/SSS legato. Otherwise, a lovely size for string sections - broad, yet detailed.
It should fit in really well i'd imagine with SCS and SSS. A nice in between section size. Not too small but not too large.

The price is eye opening if you compare this to Sable Vol1+2 from back in 2013. That was $1200 in today's money, but for more articulations, but not as deeply sampled. The upshot is Appassionata is 1/2 the size on disk, but at 1/7th the price.
I literally could not believe it when I saw people saying what price it was set at in the chat.

2 years ago I said I wouldn't buy anything ever again from Spitfire. This one might break me.
My concern is the room. It will be hard to mix with other libraries. If there is a whole Appassionata series to follow, I might get this one.

The demos sound really good too, not used to hearing this consistency from spitfire audio.

The sound has always been there but this type of soaring lines required much attention to detail.

I think many people will be happy with this release.

Top Bottom