What's new

Realitone Releases Screaming Trumpet Featuring Wayne Bergeron - SOS 5/5 Stars!

Mike Greene

We’re releasing Screaming Trumpet featuring Wayne Bergeron. Wayne is the lead trumpet player on all sorts of records and scores. I think he did the Incredibles, for instance. Wayne is the guy when it comes to lead trumpet.

Now, I know what you’re thinking - “Wait a minute, Mike! Didn’t Jeff Steinman of Warp IV released a Screaming Trumpet library a few years ago?” By golly, you’re right! In fact, I loved the sound so much that I was the very first customer. It’s a great set of samples with a load of articulations so you can play just about anything. It’s a very complete set of samples.

But … with all due respect to Jeff, it’s not what I would consider a “friendly" interface. It’s just SIPS, and you have to use the mod wheel or something to access articulations. I’m not exactly sure of the methodology, because I gave up on it. (Note that the current Warp IV Woodwinds and Trombone instruments are newer and more advanced. Jeff and I still have very different visions of how a GUI should work, but these are definitely useable.)

So a couple years ago, I scripted my own crude interface for it so I could access articulations in a more streamlined way. This is what I used for my own scoring work.

Then I started thinking ... maybe I could do a bit more tweaking and offer my version of the interface to other people. So Jeff and I agreed on a partnership arrangement. I got a little carried away with the project (almost 4 months), and did a lot of sample tweaking, added round robins, and a bunch of other stuff, too. I think the effort was worth it, because I dare say it’s a pretty darn cool instrument. (I’ll give you your money back if you don’t agree. We have a 30 day full refund policy.)

The Warp IV version includes flugelhorn, piccolo trumpet and trumpet with Harmon mute, cup mute straight mute and a whole bunch of other mutes. Those are nice, but personally, I don’t need any of that, and I figure a lot of people feel the same way. Plus, it took forever to do all the edits for the lead trumpet and I have no desire to do it again for flugelhorn and each of the mutes. So we’re calling this a “Core” edition, and selling it for much less than the Warp IV trumpet set. How cheap? Only $149.

But wait, there’s more! Screaming Trumpet Realitone Core Edition is $149, but we’re intro pricing it at $99, since it’s already so close to Black Friday.

Check out this walkthrough video, be amazed, then get on over to https://realitone.com/screaming-trumpet and snag this puppy before Jeff changes his mind!

Oh lordy, with all these wonderful new instruments coming out, I'm going to be homeless before the year's over ... <g>

What parameters can be controlled via midi continuous controllers? I'm curious about how it would work with a breath controller.

Last edited:
Hey Mike. This sounds great. Just watched the walkthrough and of course, there's always one isn't there but, any chance of a plunger mute set of artics? This library sounds like it is screaming (sorry about that) out for it. I know you're at the mercy of Warp IV on this one and I don't want to discount what you've delivered here which looks aces.

great idea, Mike. Am now a Realitone customer. Hope your EULA doesn't entitle you to all my assets etc

[edit: do you need a special program to work with RAR files these days? Once upon a time, you did, but maybe with Windows 10 pro you don't? Or can I download it to a Mac and then copy it to a drive and transfer to a PC? thanks ]

Last edited:
Even though you went frugal on the flugel, and I dispute the lack of mutes, the library sounds Incredibles! I do think that you should have named the library "Trump-It!," but I realize that you're not the controversial type. :rofl:

Bang-on effort and sound.:2thumbs:

That is so smokin' good...

I have the original but this is so eminently more useful!

Congrats on both the idea and the realization. Maybe I should have said it's the Realitonization of it.

What parameters can be controlled via midi continuous controllers? I'm curious about how it would work with a breath controller.
Only vibrato with the mod wheel. We started implementing an expression slider, but ran into some complications on how exactly it should be set up (should it defeat velocity when expression is live, etc), so that will be in the first update.

. . . any chance of a plunger mute set of artics? This library sounds like it is screaming (sorry about that) out for it. I know you're at the mercy of Warp IV on this one and I don't want to discount what you've delivered here which looks aces.
I'm not sure if Jeff even recorded plungers. Even if so, they would be tricky to implement, because you'd want to be able to move the plunger, which means static samples would be insufficient. Crossfading from open to semi-open to closed might be an option, but unless we phase aligned the samples (ain't no way I'm doing that), it wouldn't sound so good.

I do wonder if the plunger effect could be modeled, though. I won't have time to try that any time soon, but I do wonder.

Damn it.
I’m traveling until mid December.
Can I buy this and not download it until I’m back home?
For you, Chim? Anything! ;) You can even wait three years to download it if you want. (I actually had that happen recently with someone who bought the Ladies when they first came out..)

great idea, Mike. Am now a Realitone customer. Hope your EULA doesn't entitle you to all my assets etc

[edit: do you need a special program to work with RAR files these days? Once upon a time, you did, but maybe with Windows 10 pro you don't? Or can I download it to a Mac and then copy it to a drive and transfer to a PC? thanks ]
I already own all your assets since you're a VI-Control member. Why else do you think I bought the forum?

7-Zip works best for Windows to un-rar rar files, although with Screaming Trumpet, it's only a single rar file ( alittle over 1 GB), so almost any unzip/unrar app will work. Even if not, you can definitely transfer from one computer to another.

That is so smokin' good...

I have the original but this is so eminently more useful!

Congrats on both the idea and the realization. Maybe I should have said it's the Realitonization of it.
Thanks Jack! Email me (mike at realitone com) and I'll send you a surprise. ;)

I already own all your assets since you're a VI-Control member. Why else do you think I bought the forum?

lols

Thanks for the tip on the single RAR file. I do have 7-whatever on one PC, but not the brass PC. Think I'll go nuts and try it anyway when I take a break.

Very glad you and Jeff collaborated to bring this library back to the future.

It's funny, I only discovered Jeff's stuff about yesterday (or maybe two days ago?). Really liked it but was indeed slightly put off by the price. Don't get me wrong: I think his prices are completely fair (my own sampling attempts have instilled me with a great deal of respect for the work and time put into sample libraries), but getting the core soundset for a smaller entrance fee is more appealing to me at this time.

Really digging the work you're doing @Mike Greene and also @WarpIV. I don't yet have a need for the libraries you've both made (which is the only reason I'm not purchasing right away), but the quality (from what I've heard) is great, and you're definitely on my watchlist.

Top Bottom