What's new

Radiohead appreciation thread

Hah, yeah, I think I'd just gotten to the end of my going-to-live-gigs time... I recently went to a Tinlicker gig here in Sydney, I havent' been a live gig in 13 years, and left 10 mins after they came on, I'd already had my fill of loud noise and crowds during the excellent support act. Plus, whoever was on the desk shoved the PA up 20db for Tinlicker, and it just turned into a hot mess of distortion and too loud.
That’s really too bad. I absolutely adore Tinlicker!

If we're going to start posting radiohead covers, then you can't go past Christopher O'Reillys incredible album for solo piano.

Always been one of my favourite recordings to listen to when on the train, walking around the city etc.

Court, Lark's Tongues, Red, Starless, and Discipline for me. In that order. But I hold their top 5 in higher esteem them most other bands' top 1.
When Robert was touring Frippertronically as a small, independent, mobile, and intelligent unit I sat within 15 feet of him and his 2 Revox tape machines in awe. A peak experience for me and apparently for him as well.

If we're going to start posting radiohead covers, then you can't go past Christopher O'Reillys incredible album for solo piano.

Always been one of my favourite recordings to listen to when on the train, walking around the city etc.

Indeed, Chris is an excellent pianist. I've seen him live several times.

Top Bottom