What's new

Problems with Native Access

staple

HI,

Over the last week I've been unable to install or update any instruments with Native Access. I keep getting "Installation Failed" at the end of every installation or update.

I've given full disk permissions as advised by NI webpage (I had done this months ago before this issues).
I've tried installing on different drive and also on my laptop (MacBook Pro M1 Max running 12.7.4) but will same installation failed.

I've been in touch with NI but they are so slow at getting back to me and so far have just told me to give full disk permissions which I already had done.

Also, strangely I'm getting a request every time I restart my computer to install NTKDameon helper. This is new since the problem started, I think.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,
Stuart

I've been getting similar installation failures from NA, though running an older Intel Mac I think it's probably for different reasons. However, when NI support has got back to me they did include a google drive link to download the files direct; I then just pointed NA to the downloaded files ("locate files"). Have had to do it with two separate purchases lately.

Sorry, not much help for you (or me) but if & when they do get back keep an eye out for that link. In the meantime, I found this thread useful (if not a solution):

good luck!

For me , the worst issue currently is that it expects you to have the full install size of a library available to do an update that may only require a few hundred Mbs. So to update Fables , for example, you need 65Gb of free space, which I currently don't have on the drive it's on.

It has been doing weird things lately. I just completely remove it, clear all cache data and re-install it.
Hi,

Thanks for this. I was considering to remove Native Access. Should I just delete the Native Access icon in my Applications folder - or is there a better way to do it?

Thanks

Do you have Private Relay on? If so, turn it off (you can opt for just a day), restart your machine (which kills the NTKDaemon, though you can just kill it manually in Activity Monitor if you like) and then try using NA again.

That fixed it for me though I was hoping this would be fixed by now.

Do you have Private Relay on? If so, turn it off (you can opt for just a day), restart your machine (which kills the NTKDaemon, though you can just kill it manually in Activity Monitor if you like) and then try using NA again.

That fixed it for me though I was hoping this would be fixed by now.
Hi, Thanks for this.
I turned off Private Relay but no changes.
I tried disabling NTKDaemon with the activity monitor but then I can't get NA to open.
Thanks though.

Ok, my Native Access just barfed on me, and it will neither recognize installed products nor allow reinstallation though it allows me to sign in.

Sonoma. Native Access 3.9.1.

I fixed it by deleting NativeAccess.xml file in Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center.

I found some reports on the NI support site of others having issues with 3.9.1 and though they had somewhat different symptoms this yielded a fix.

Step 8 at this link:

I still don’t know what triggered the problem, so that’s a bit disturbing.

Last edited:
On PC: Just when I was about to happily post that the Komplete Kontrol 3.2.1 update was running better than previous versions (not a high bar), the most recent Native Access update is behaving like a quarantined animal: Multiple failed attempts to add serials, re-logins on restarts, re-setup on restarts, login failures on restarts. Completely rebooting the computer appears to have solved the issues, with the declined serials now showing that they were actually accepted. If a reboot is (or even may be) necessary, please let us know.

Paj
8^(

The newest version won’t log in but if I use the previous it works fine on Mac.

On Mac Studio M2:

I have to use Native Access 2 to update or install
and
I have to use the newer version to Native Access to uninstall plugins

Makes no sense to me but those functions only work on those Native Access versions for me

On PC: Just when I was about to happily post that the Komplete Kontrol 3.2.1 update was running better than previous versions (not a high bar), the most recent Native Access update is behaving like a quarantined animal: Multiple failed attempts to add serials, re-logins on restarts, re-setup on restarts, login failures on restarts. Completely rebooting the computer appears to have solved the issues, with the declined serials now showing that they were actually accepted. If a reboot is (or even may be) necessary, please let us know.

Paj
8^(
I deeply regret having installed the latest version of that piece of trash (for the last 10 years). To be fair, I should have known better than update a Native Instrument software.

First it reset all parameters. second I'm stuck with "Loading products", despite multiple installs, reinstalls and reboots. Looks like I'll have to wait for a future, possibly better behaved version.

@cedricm: Aside from the slower-than-previous operational updates (e.g., when adding serials, updating or relocating libraries), it's been running well and I do appreciate its cataloging features. One thing that is puzzling me is why some recent NI library updates (like the recent Session Horns Pro Library) have to involve the entire library rather than just updating the necessary files like in the past. You would think with all the complaints about slow downloads at NI they would avoid unnecessary bloat.

My serious issues went away with a reboot so I hope yours do get resolved.

Paj
8^|

One thing that is puzzling me is why some recent NI library updates (like the recent Session Horns Pro Library) have to involve the entire library rather than just updating the necessary files like in the past
I've mentioned this several times..Even though the updates may actually be quite small, NA wants to have disk space available that equals the entire size of the library! Newer libraries like Lores and Fables use 60-70Gb..This really needs to be fixed.

Hi,

Thanks for this. I was considering to remove Native Access. Should I just delete the Native Access icon in my Applications folder - or is there a better way to do it?

Thanks
Oh the beauty of owning a older Mac pro. Native Access will not update saying my hardware and OS catalina no longer supported. So NA cant destroy itself and my library's. When Apple figures out its on chips, and 100% out if intel i will buy a new mac. But for now i am waiting for M3Ultra Mac Pro 2024 in June i hope.

Native Instruments drove me to drink. So many problems. I also found that by disabling box that says “ allow Native to spy on you and your usage” something like that. That quit launching some stuff on boot and NA ran great. Check firewall, and permissions. That lets their bs process run so it can get updates. Also make sure you have enough disk space.

Top Bottom