What's new

OUT NOW: Xperimenta Pf2 - Piano F

Wow. I just noticed when was checking my Pulse downloader. There's a V1.2.0 update for PF2 from Xperimenta. The version description says "Better dynamic response on low velocities and high pitched notes". Haven't had a chance to download and try it, but that sounds promising. I didn't see this announced anywhere so just giving everybody a heads up

Wow. I just noticed when was checking my Pulse downloader. There's a V1.2.0 update for PF2 from Xperimenta. The version description says "Better dynamic response on low velocities and high pitched notes". Haven't had a chance to download and try it, but that sounds promising. I didn't see this announced anywhere so just giving everybody a heads up
Any updates on this?

That is an update Flavio did a few months ago. Should be the current version you get when buying.
And he's migrating the Due pianos to the same engine (impatiently waiting for that one).

Reactions: CGR
Very impressed by the demo's, love the sound of this one.
Anyone else willing to share their experience with this piano VI?

How is playability and responsiveness, performance & CPU usage? Does it compare to the Ravenscroft 275 and Garritan CFX in that regard?
Have the dynamic response / velocity issues been fixed?

Being on Kontakt Player I'm also considering getting full Kontakt for this (seems I can get a crossgrade price).

Very impressed by the demo's, love the sound of this one.
Anyone else willing to share their experience with this piano VI?

How is playability and responsiveness, performance & CPU usage? Does it compare to the Ravenscroft 275 and Garritan CFX in that regard?
Have the dynamic response / velocity issues been fixed?

Being on Kontakt Player I'm also considering getting full Kontakt for this (seems I can get a crossgrade price).
I hold it up somewhere in between those two pianos you mentioned. I keep it in my top 5 and I have a lot.

The dynamics have been quite improved in more recent updates.

Here is a render to get some idea of capabilities and bottlenecks.

View attachment PF Default.mp3

I hold it up somewhere in between those two pianos you mentioned. I keep it in my top 5 and I have a lot.

Thanks.

If that is you playing, I can only say congratulations and huge respect for tackling this masterpiece!

There is something not so nice about the sound quality though, which makes it a bit hard for me to judge the plugin further.
I hear distortion here and there and there also seems to be rather substantial compression/limiting during the louder passages.
Did you have the internal compressor of the plugin enabled, or any external plugins enabled?
In my experience, I would not use any compression or saturation on realistic piano plugins for classical music purposes. My suggestion is to only use a brickwall limiter at -0,1 dB on the master channel and set the volume of the piano plugin on such a level that the limiter will reduce a few dBs at most during the highest peaks of the audio recording. This keeps the dynamics of the recording virtually intact. (Well, unless the music itself is in fff all the time. :))

That weird release sound at 1:53 and 2:00 is something that I first noticed with Xperimenta's Due pianos and seems to have carried on into its other pianos. It happens rarely enough that I ignore it when I'm just playing the instrument but it would be very annoying if I was trying to make a recording with it or playing it live.

Last edited:
We have to constantly check Pulse Downloader? Why didn't we get an email about this update?

This is a developers commercial announcement thread, so that type of discussion is off-limits. Sample talk for that type of stuff.

Top Bottom