What's new

Vista: Good for beginners?

You have a lot of confidence in your narrative voice and a unique style to your videos (well, this is the only one I've watched...). I think you've got a good chance of dramatically boosting your subscriber count if you keep at it!

Fantastic. I had some doubts about the delay. Great video.

It sounds really alive, like Dr. Zhivago. Oh, wait. Well, like in the early part of the movie, anyway. A Mahler symphony wants this kind of yearning in the string lines. How cool.

Would this ever go on sale? I almost don't care. Almost.

You have a lot of confidence in your narrative voice and a unique style to your videos (well, this is the only one I've watched...). I think you've got a good chance of dramatically boosting your subscriber count if you keep at it!
Thanks so much, Evans! It means a lot. Creating and narrating videos in a foreign language isn't the easiest thing to do, but I'm enjoying it and try to embrace it 100%.

Fantastic. I had some doubts about the delay. Great video.

It sounds really alive, like Dr. Zhivago. Oh, wait. Well, like in the early part of the movie, anyway. A Mahler symphony wants this kind of yearning in the string lines. How cool.

Would this ever go on sale? I almost don't care. Almost.
Thank you! Performance Samples does sales, yeah. Worth keeping your eyes peeled every now and then.

As far as narrating in a "foreign language," it is my pleasure to hear people from around the world, like yourself, who are more adept and informed about English than many of our own United States citizens!

It always comes down to the story. That you care about the presentation certainly shows.

So many people here speak and write English as a second, third, or fourth language. It's amazing how in addition to syntax and grammar, they understand humor as well.

Yeah, this is way better than Windows Vista.

I downloaded the freebie, and it spans G#3 to A#4. I really want to play outside of this range. :)

Videos like this set alight my interest in trying new things. Y'all should try Vista. It's full of life.

@zedmaster Great job, and the medical analogy is a creative way to explain strings libraries. I also like the grand finale, where you double everything up. My only feedback is that I would have used more harmonies rather than playing the lines in octaves, but that's only my opinion.

Vista is an amazing library, and you did a nice job with the demo - I really enjoyed watching it, and it sounds like others did as well.

Scarlet Jerry

Yeah, this is way better than Windows Vista.

I downloaded the freebie, and it spans G#3 to A#4. I really want to play outside of this range. :)

Videos like this set alight my interest in trying new things. Y'all should try Vista. It's full of life.
Should have mentioned it in the video, thanks for reminding me! It's nice to have a freebie for an instrument :) It's the violins patch with limited range.

Thanks @ScarletJerry! Yeah turned down the violas (playing harmony) a tad much :) My demos should become more sophisticated - hopefully LOL - when I don't have to use my slow laptop with lots of lags. Fingers crossed, new PC should arrive by tomorrow or so.

Interesting and nuanced introduction to T-lymphocytes. Not sure about these, what did you call them ... “string libraries”? ... things though.

Last edited:
Excellent review and presentation... a good reminder to pick this library up when it goes on sale... subscribed to follow your progression! Best of fortunes on your journey.

Excellent review and presentation... a good reminder to pick this library up when it goes on sale... subscribed to follow your progression! Best of fortunes on your journey.
Thanks LamaRose! I really appreciate Vista for its easy playability and the gorgeous tone. Curious about PF's future projects (pacific strings and voyage) :)

A must buy in my opinion. The most alive string library I know. I only have the freebie but everything about it just rocks. Wonderful review btw, Kevin.

Top Bottom