What's new

Spitfire Audio - Albion Solstice

A British Horror Toolkit?

Maybe they deep-sampled this guy, recorded in the lush ambience of The House Of Commons. Features a somewhat slovenly legato, and very little in the way of velocity:

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 10.51.20.png
What does Chris Farley (RIP) have to do with sample libraries?

Actually quite taken by the sound and vibe of this library. Appears to be more than "just strings."
Might be perfect for a short score I've got due next week. Think I'd be pushing my luck waiting until the 21st though..

Are we guessing names yet?

Obviously Albion [something]...

Here is a close-up on the screenshot posted earlier:

Spitfire Audio - Albion Solstice

Albion Neo, Spitfire Chamber Strings and Spitfire Symphonic Strings (Professional?) are just about legible, but only after we know the names are they identifiable.

The distorted "S" in "Symphonic" is very similar in shape to the first letter after "Albion" in the new library. So my guess is the second word begins with "S".

Based on the Stonehenge/pagan imagery in the marketing, I'm guessing, firstly:

Albion Solstice

My 2nd guess would be:

Albion Sarsen.

In reference to the types of stones found at Stonehenge.

Any other ideas? :)

Well that screenshot would rule out my "Albion Eon" theory (based on a Christian H video in the last month or 2 with scribblings saying ONE, NEO, EON?).

Taking my own grabs, I'd say it's Solstice...and includes lots of modular samples from CH's modular rack (quick-ish image just after the dancing person intro)

22.29 in this video for the ONE, NEO, EON? point

Last edited:
Are we guessing names yet?

Obviously Albion [something]...

Here is a close-up on the screenshot posted earlier:

621 Albion.png

Albion Neo, Spitfire Chamber Strings and Spitfire Symphonic Strings (Professional?) are just about legible, but only after we know the names are they identifiable.

The distorted "S" in "Symphonic" is very similar in shape to the first letter after "Albion" in the new library. So my guess is the second word begins with "S".

Based on the Stonehenge/pagan imagery in the marketing, I'm guessing, firstly:

Albion Solstice

My 2nd guess would be:

Albion Sarsen.

In reference to the types of stones found at Stonehenge.

Any other ideas? :)

Oh c'mon, we all know there's only one answer if it begins with S. Subsc..... (I'll get my coat...)

I think Solstice is more likely due to how they're releasing it on the summer solstice instead of their usual Thursday tea and crumpets time.

Alien Toolkit?! I'll just need to get my hands on this, being a huge fan of the first two films. :))

With my astigmatism, I can't really say is it "Alien" or "Albion" in the title, but the background is definitely symptomatic...

Top Bottom