What's new

HOURS LEFT | $49 | Parker Oboe

Gotta support my fellow Austinites. The tone and programming in these instruments are unparalleled and it sounds like Parker Oboe is no different - congrats, Aaron!

Since Austin is in the 100% coverage area of the upcoming eclipse, let's celebrate with a 100% discount!

Sounds great though, probably buying tomorrow!

As for feedback... As a wannabe songwriter, I usually pull out the oboe when I want some languid and legato line.

But this instrument is so darned nimble, you're making me seriously reconsider what an oboe is capable of.

As for feedback... As a wannabe songwriter, I usually pull out the oboe when I want some languid and legato line.

But this instrument is so darned nimble, you're making me seriously reconsider what an oboe is capable of.
I agree this is a leap forward, but I think you meant to say this instrument is making you reconsider what a sampled oboe is capable of.

The oboes themselves were already nimble - at least in the hands of the right players.

I agree this is a leap forward, but I think you meant to say this instrument is making you reconsider what a sampled oboe is capable of.
What I have written, I have written. Now please excuse me while I go wash my hands. :roflmao:

But I understand your point, and you're right. They've always been capable of nimble lines, I've just lacked the musical imagination to consider it.

Other libraries (who shall remain nameless on this commercial thread) can also play quick lines, but seem pretty content with lyric melodies with legato and progressive vibrato.

While the Parker Oboe can do lyrical lines - the Emotional patch is all about that - when I start playing, it whispers to me "Come on, write me a flurry of notes" the same way a sports car engine purrs "Never mind that cop, just step on the accelerator..."

And I'm wondering "Where's that going to fit in?" because I'm just a hobbyist trying to write cliche pop songs. :laugh:

It's a good thing Aaron's not thinking about releasing a bassoon, or I'd really be in a quandary. :whistling:

Last edited:
Was just playing this tonight and loving it. Oboe is my favorite woodwind instrument, and this, the clarinet and flute are just so playable and immediately satisfying. I know it’s only been a couple weeks, but how’s that bassoon coming along Aaron?

@Aaron Sapp please consider a solo horn with vibrato (very rare to find in vsts), I feel like embertone has such a wonderful solo bassoon already so no need to add more immediately :)

@Aaron Sapp please consider a solo horn with vibrato (very rare to find in vsts), I feel like embertone has such a wonderful solo bassoon already so no need to add more immediately :)
No, we’re so close to a proper, consistent woodwind section with MS’s excellent playability and sound. Please don’t try to talk it out of him. I’ve waited ages for one dev to provide this and we’re 75% there. Any further additions like English Horn, Bass Clarinet, French Horn etc are very welcome of course, but let’s first focus on the core woodwind group.

No, we’re so close to a proper, consistent woodwind section with MS’s excellent playability and sound. Please don’t try to talk it out of him. I’ve waited ages for one dev to provide this and we’re 75% there. Any further additions like English Horn, Bass Clarinet, French Horn etc are very welcome of course, but let’s first focus on the core woodwind group.
To each our own, we’ll let the man cook

Top Bottom