What's new

Music Tech Gear Awards for 2020

Quite surprised to see Pigments 2 on the top for VST synths. I need to spend more time with it.

Spitfire BBC and EastWest Hollywood singers are I guess expected.
It's a good synth with a nice UI and it was down to < $100 on sale.

I also haven't learned it after getting it. The core sound of the synth isn't very exciting - it's kind of flat. I could end selling it, but not until I take the time to dig in. For example, I think Hive 2 sounds better and is a better synth, but it's clearly not as featured or capable as Pigments 2 is.

Great to see Presonus Studio One 5 getting some much-deserved love.
I swear I won't reply to every comment after this :grin:

I'm a new S1 user from the BF sale. I like it a lot. However, it seems to crash more often than Tracktion Waveform! I'm only a hobbyist, but I wouldn't recommend either of those DAWs (which are my favorites) for professional work. My computer is rock solid stable in every other way, so it's the DAWs (and plugins).

I swear I won't reply to every comment after this :grin:

I'm a new S1 user from the BF sale. I like it a lot. However, it seems to crash more often than Tracktion Waveform! I'm only a hobbyist, but I wouldn't recommend either of those DAWs (which are my favorites) for professional work. My computer is rock solid stable in every other way, so it's the DAWs (and plugins).
I started using S1 earlier this year and was plagued with crashes. I'm now running Big Sur on my iMac and try to use VST's rather than AU's. Everything has been really stable for me for a while now.

Top Bottom