What's new

Master Keys by Boz Digital Labs now available + Launch Sale

The sample path is stored in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Boz Digital Labs\Master Keys\installedPianos.xml

Do you have that file? If so, if you open it should have a pretty simple xml sheet that has the piano name and the directory where the piano is saved. Is that filled out?
The samples path is set correctly in the file. But I have made some progress. I ran the installation a second time and then the 1926 Steinway was recognised but not the 1991. A comparison of the "Data" subfolder then showed me a difference. The 1926 had 6 files in the folder, whereas the 1991 only had the Serial.txt file in the folder. Installed a third time and now the 1991 folder also has 6 files and the piano is available. I guess that after the 1st installation for both pianos the subfolder "Data" did not contain the necessary files. All is OK now.

ok, thanks. I'm taking a look at the installer right now to see what's going on with that.

I downloaded these, liking them so far! But I have a problem where it prompts me every single time for my username. The serial # is already populated for all instruments (and the proper serial.txt file is in each instrument data folder), but its won't retain my username so I have to enter it each time I open the app. Anyone else have this issue? thx!
The pianos only use one user name, i.e. if you have, for example, installed the Boz/Steinway with a different user name in the past, then this is saved as the default user name and does not match the uprights serial number. Then you will get the notification of incorrect registration. Entering a new user name does not overwrite an existing user name.

Last edited:
The pianos only use one user name, i.e. if you have, for example, installed the Boz/Steinway with a different user name in the past, then this is saved as the default user name and does not match the uprights serial number. Then you will get the notification of incorrect registration. Entering a new user name does not overwrite an existing user name.
Thanks, this issue was actually solved for me with the most recent update that came out the other day :)

Hm, still not working here. Steinway 1992 does not show up, even after ca. 5 attempts. The data.zip and preset.zip files are empty and so are the corresponding directories. The installer never finishes…
Additionally, although correctly saved, the serial.txt of the 1926 seems not to be taken into account and I get asked for registration every time I open the plugin.
Frankly speaking, I am quite annoyed…

Just grabbed the bundle and I'm really happy with these! (No installation issues either on my M1 Mac...)

Love that it has a standalone plugin because I frequently like to practice piano from my midi controller but without a DAW. Love the UI and how clean it is but easy to access advanced details under the hood.

I'll be honest I wasn't expecting so much from the Ningbo/Hailun simply because it's a modern upright from a maker I've never heard of... but surprisingly I think it might be my favorite. The 'dark and gloomy' and 'dark and intimate' presets are beautiful - perfectly balanced between clarity, warmth, and character.

Thanks Boz!

P.S. Long-time user and fan of your audio plugins too. I look forward to when you put out Bark of Dog for Silicon macs, I used to use that one all the time :)

That's because it's annoying. I'm looking into this right now. I can't reproduce it on any machine I've tried it on, but it looks like for some people, the data and/or sample extraction isn't finishing.
Thanks. I am on Windows 11. But I think that info won‘t help you much.

Any chance we'll see some electric pianos, too?
Possibly? I do have plans for focusing on instruments, but I'm not 100% sure which direction I want to take on that yet. For now, I'm focusing on pianos. I want to get more variety of pianos, mostly because I've found these old kind of messy pianos to be a lot more fun to play.

Possibly? I do have plans for focusing on instruments, but I'm not 100% sure which direction I want to take on that yet. For now, I'm focusing on pianos. I want to get more variety of pianos, mostly because I've found these old kind of messy pianos to be a lot more fun to play.
Oh I bet. I feel like with electric pianos there's a lot to be done, too. For example if you look at the UVI Key Suite Electric there's quite a lot of them that you never really see elsewhere in the form of a sample library. Maybe those unusual ones are a niche that's potentially interesting for you / other people.

Top Bottom