What's new

Out Now | Zero-G x Osterhouse Sounds Shadow Strings (Intro Discount)

Well colour me intrigued! This could be the library that pushes me toward K7.
Has a price been set? I'm probably not the only one who will need to budget for the K7 upgrade to be able to get this.

Well colour me intrigued! This could be the library that pushes me toward K7.
Has a price been set? I'm probably not the only one who will need to budget for the K7 upgrade to be able to get this.
Hey thanks for your question! The price for the first four weeks of release will be a 20% discounted price of just $55.95 - after which it will increase to the full price of $69.95 :)

WALKTHROUGH AVAILABLE NOW!

Hi everyone,

Shadow Strings is out tomorrow! Below you can find a fantastic in-depth walkthrough video made by the creator of Shadow Strings, Ben Osterhouse (of Osterhouse Sounds). In this video, Ben covers all elements of the instrument as well as providing examples of how some of the 58 articulations were recorded on cello and piano.

This is well worth a watch in advance :)

Any questions feel free to ask here!

Hi everyone,

Shadow Strings is out tomorrow! Below you can find a fantastic in-depth walkthrough video made by the creator of Shadow Strings, Ben Osterhouse (of Osterhouse Sounds). In this video, Ben covers all elements of the instrument as well as providing examples of how some of the 58 articulations were recorded on cello and piano.

Ben is such a gifted musician and instrument builder.
This looks amazing and am so excited he continues to tap into these areas of expression.

Joyfully!

* @Zero-G Ltd HAS provided a copy of Shadow String for me to explore, thank you! 😉

Last edited:

Hi everyone,

This looks and sounds AMAZING! Not to mention seems super useful, and unique. :)

Having now watched Ben’s meticulous walkthrough I am convinced that this is going to be a very musical instrument. For a moment I was slightly afraid this was going to be one of those “horror movie” strings affairs. But no! It is definitely going to be way more useful for a variety of genres and styles. As a matter of fact, the piano rhythms may be the coolest part of the library for me.

I had a chance to get a sneak peek and in true Osterhouse fashion this is another fun and creative instrument. I enjoy the way that he approaches each instrument with new perspectives and not just recycling ideas, each one feels very fresh.
So, with that in mind ;^)
Thursday at 3:00 PM EST

* @Zero-G Ltd was indeed kind enough to send over a copy for me to explore and share with all of you. They have also provided a copy for me to give away during the livestream which I greatly appreciate.

I am very tempted to break my self imposed embargo of buying any more Kontakt based libraries but it looks like I can't run it anyway:

require the full version of Kontakt 7.8.1 or higher

Just a heads up in case anyone decides to instabuy (I mean it is Ben Osterhouse!!!) without bothering to read the tech specs!

Top Bottom