What's new

Kontakt Updates (current version: 7.10.1)

Well, Kontakt is in the doghouse for me at the moment.

On my rig (M2 Pro/Sonoma) it's caused no end of hardcore bomb-out panics. The nearest I can pin it down is having Logic's smart controls on screen at the same time as the Kontakt interface. Which is an issue, as that's where the keyswitch mappings live.

Same issue with the previous version of K7. Guess I'm going to have to wait this out for another update or something.

I wanna know if the legatos are improved
That has literally nothing to do with Kontakt version updates.
He's stirring the pot. :)

I'm a pot-stirrer, I'll own it ;)

I'm sorry to report, though, that I am also having K7/Logic 10 crashes. I've been getting periodic crashes where Logic throws a popup saying that an Audio Unit device has reported a problem, and giving me the option to save or not before quitting. At first I thought it was some other VI (BFD was a prime suspect) but it happened to me this morning in a fresh session with only a single Kontakt 7 instantiated.

I'm sorry to report, though, that I am also having K7/Logic 10 crashes. I've been getting periodic crashes where Logic throws a popup saying that an Audio Unit device has reported a problem, and giving me the option to save or not before quitting. At first I thought it was some other VI (BFD was a prime suspect) but it happened to me this morning in a fresh session with only a single Kontakt 7 instantiated.

Yep I've been having those issues too, quite frequently. I'm assuming it's a Sonoma thing, but to be fair to NI they've only had 6 and a half months (plus that again in beta) to sort it..

Yep I've been having those issues too, quite frequently. I'm assuming it's a Sonoma thing, but to be fair to NI they've only had 6 and a half months (plus that again in beta) to sort it..
It's not a Sonoma thing. I am having the exact same issues with 7.9.0 and I am still on Ventura. It was bad enough that I reverted back to 7.8.1, which seems to be much more stable for me.

Aside from the periodic crashes, I also STILL cannot fully integrate my NI S88 MkIII with Kontakt 7 inside Logic. Everything else is certified for Sonoma (finally) but that one issue is still mucking up my workflow.
Oh, yeah - I also have to register a new serial number twice in Native Access in order for a new library to show up in Kontakt.

It's not a Sonoma thing. I am having the exact same issues with 7.9.0 and I am still on Ventura. It was bad enough that I reverted back to 7.8.1, which seems to be much more stable for me.
Good idea. I’ve just rolled back to 7.8.1 and it does indeed feel more stable. I can avoid crashes now…providing I put the Kontakt interface on a second screen..

I think it must be related to that display bug discussed on the NI forum. Fingers crossed, eh…

I think it must be related to that display bug discussed on the NI forum. Fingers crossed, eh…
Do you have a link to that display bug? I suspect I am suffering from that as well. After I’ve opened Kontakt, my screen will flicker shortly before a hard crash which takes out my whole machine (M2 max)

Edit: Answering my own question here.

Last edited:
Can also report super long loading times using the most recent Kontakt version, in Logic 10.8.1 on Ventura. Loading almost instantly in standalone. @EvilDragon Are there any other users reporting this?

Interesting. I saw that message when first launching Logic, but it was after installing a free bitscope plug-in that I knew better than to install.

Since removing it I haven't seen the message. But maybe that's just coincidence.

Funny how these bugs work, I do not have hard crashes with Kontakt in Logic, but I do have them in Reaper and DP, like kernel panic restarts of the computer level crashes if I mess with the GUI of Kontakt 7. Others are reporting Komplete Kontrol and Guitar Rig, but those are fine here. It does seem to be an OS bug, as someone reports using the current 14.5 beta of Sonoma fixes it for them. I'm going to jump in tonight to see if it works here.

There is such a gigantic mess with NI lately, but it seems Apple doesn't help (at all).
I don't remember having so much audio issues on my Intel mac...

M1 Ultra, Sonoma, Logic 10.8.1, NI S61MK3 —Since I removed the NI MIDI device plug-in for the S61MK3, Kontakt 7.9 hasn't crashed again.

Funny how these bugs work, I do not have hard crashes with Kontakt in Logic, but I do have them in Reaper and DP, like kernel panic restarts of the computer level crashes if I mess with the GUI of Kontakt 7. Others are reporting Komplete Kontrol and Guitar Rig, but those are fine here. It does seem to be an OS bug, as someone reports using the current 14.5 beta of Sonoma fixes it for them. I'm going to jump in tonight to see if it works here.
Would love to hear your findings on this. Godspeed.

Lagging OS versions is seeming like a really good idea right now, says the @$$ still running Ventura.
Actually Sonoma is not that bad : I fixed some little issues I had by upgrading from Monterey to Sonoma few months ago. And at the moment I don't have problems on Kontakt 7.7.3 (if you don't take in consideration the 20s lag when you drop the plugin for the first time on a track). .
But with Apple like with NI, you must think A LOT before touching/updating anything, because everything is tricky...

Would love to hear your findings on this. Godspeed.
NI are off the hook this time. Using the Sonoma 14.5 beta Kontakt 7.90 with DP11.3.1 is fixed, no kernel panic crash if two monitors are hooked up and you even look at the GUI. Testing Reaper 7, it's also not crashing. So this was obviously an OS issue, gald Apple got on it, glad I got the beta, annoyed I had to use a beta to solve an OS issue.

Top Bottom