What's new

Kontakt Updates (current version: 7.10.1)

I too installed 7.10, and it's amazingly slow on Logic/Sonoma/Intel. It is like the UI updates at 1fps! :eek:Worst version ever. Wish I had read the comments here before updating!
Is there an easy way to revert to 7.90?

I presume this K7.10 problem is a Mac thing?
I'm using Nuendo 13 on W11 and after updating NI Access and Kontakt to V7.10 all is fine.

Wow. This all sucks.

I'm off to the shops in a moment to pick up another monitor. I need SSO for a new commission and it literally can't exist on the same screen as Logic's smart controls/keyswitches without causing a kernel panic.

I'm vaguely aware that this is part Apple's issue, but Kontakt is the only app I have that's affected.

Logic on Ventura - super mega lag on all GUI controls, impossible to work with((. Reverting!
We all better save and keep the v.7.9 installer linked in the above post).

Every recent Kontakt version. I had crashes here as well (not Kernel Panics, but I wonder if you really have Kernel Panics?). I don't know if the Control Surface plug-in crashes Logic or Kontakt, but once I removed it, things were fine.
Perhaps not - but whatever the issue is, it causes a lockup, swiftly followed by a hard bomb into a hard reset. Then MacOS tries to reload the Logic project upon reboot...which then causes the hard reset again on a loop until I can intervene. Absolute clusterf**k.

There's an issue with my display and Apple Silicon where often the screen flickers rendering darker screens. It's a known issue and I wonder if it's connected.

Regardless, splitting the displays appears to allow me to work and that's what I must do in the meantime. Hey ho. Just another round-the-bonfire story in the fight to make Kontakt play nice.

Wow. This all sucks.

I'm off to the shops in a moment to pick up another monitor. I need SSO for a new commission and it literally can't exist on the same screen as Logic's smart controls/keyswitches without causing a kernel panic.

I'm vaguely aware that this is part Apple's issue, but Kontakt is the only app I have that's affected.
FWIW, I read on the NI forum that this happens when using non-default monitor resolutions. I have an extension that allows me to choose super-high resolutions that are not available in system preferences. I would then get the kernel panic.

When I went to Display Settings in System Preferences and chose a default resolution, the kernel panics went away. I missed my high-resolution screen, but not the crashes.

Hi all,

Please allow me to introduce myself - my name is Adil, and I’m one of the Product Managers at Native Instruments who works on Kontakt.

As you’ve observed, yesterday’s Kontakt 7.10.0 update unfortunately introduces several issues including increased startup time, and laggy UI and audio. We’ve identified the cause (it’s related to authentication / license handling) and are currently working on a fix, which we hope to release later today (or early next week at the latest). For now, we’ve removed Kontakt 7.10 from Native Access. We’ve also made Kontakt 7.9 available to download here.

We’d like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this update, and endeavour to do better. Going forward, I’d also like to engage more closely with this community.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best,
Adil

For all the dumping people do on other players like Sine, Musio, etc; and all of the pining I see of people only wishing developers would only release Kontakt versions, the last year at NI has left me a hell of a lot less anxious about relying on Sine or Musio than Kontakt 7 and beyond... (FYI I installed 7.10 this evening and it's completely fucked. Logic is crippled, the Kontakt GUI is crippled, etc. It's genuinely unusable (at least mac-side), no hyperbole)...

Enshittification is the perfect description...
That's why I buy a lot of those "imperfect" 8dio libraries.

Heads up for anyone who needs it: 7.9 installers available on the NI forum:
This is a major issue with NI that puts them on top of the shit heap. It could be worse if 7 overwrites older versions. I still have Kontakt 5. Problems happen when developers try turning their software into iTunes with the click and buy.

Hi all,

Please allow me to introduce myself - my name is Adil, and I’m one of the Product Managers at Native Instruments who works on Kontakt.

As you’ve observed, yesterday’s Kontakt 7.10.0 update unfortunately introduces several issues including increased startup time, and laggy UI and audio. We’ve identified the cause (it’s related to authentication / license handling) and are currently working on a fix, which we hope to release later today (or early next week at the latest). For now, we’ve removed Kontakt 7.10 from Native Access. We’ve also made Kontakt 7.9 available to download here.

We’d like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this update, and endeavour to do better. Going forward, I’d also like to engage more closely with this community.

Best,
Adil
If you frequent out of the NI forums I hope you haven an extra thick flame suit. More enemies than friends in other forums.

Folks, come on now. NI put out a version of Kontakt 7 that has a problem and has promised to fix it right away. It's not as if the world is coming to an end. Kontakt is still the best there is, and, for me personally, Kontakt 7 has been rock solid until this version. And NI has shown a willingness to listen to those who request changes. All the sturm and drang over this is unnecessary.

Hi all,

Best,
Adil
Hi, @Adil_NI and welcome in this community. I would like to inform you as well that Native Access latest update is pretty much unusable (multiple login requests, searching endlessly for products, download error messages for any download attempts). Is there any way to download a previous version to make it work? I bought many libraries this week from NI and I can’t even install them.

Top Bottom