What's new

Kontakt Updates (current version: 7.10.1)

Can the ad section "New Instruments for you" in the library be disabled? It's annoying to be presented with ads inside Kontakt 7 player.
it's already there:
Options > Interface > Enable "New instruments for you" panel. Uncheck the box.

EDIT: Not sure if this can be turned off in Kontakt player, as I have Kontakt full?

Last edited:
I don't see this selection here, do you have a newer version?

Kontakt Player 7.9.0 is running.

Attachments

• NI Player.png
    NI Player.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
The option to disable NIFY panel is not available in Player, by design. You can collapse it but not disable it.

Just updated to 7.10.0 and for me, it is an unusable mess. Impossible to reliably tweak any parameter or turn any knob in any library because it is soooo laggy and slow.

M2 Ultra, Ventura, Logic 10.8.1 here.

Just updated to 7.10.0 and for me, it is an unusable mess. Impossible to reliably tweak any parameter or turn any knob in any library because it is soooo laggy and slow.

M2 Ultra, Ventura, Logic 10.8.1 here.
I'm having the same issues. M1 Mac Studio, Ventura, Reaper 7.15.

EDIT: Standalone has the same issues.

Last edited:
After updating to Kontakt 7.10.0 the links to my libraries on two external drives in Native Access 2 are broken. Attempts to re-locate all libraries fail with "Timeout" error. Attempts to re-locate a single library are successful, but I'm not doing that for hundreds of libraries one by one. Updated on an Intel MacBook Air running Sonoma 14.4.1 and will not do so on my main DAW. Live and learn. Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.21.36 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.16.34 PM.png

Last edited:
After updating to Kontakt 7.10.0 the links to my libraries on two external drives in Native Access 2 are broken. Attempts to re-locate all libraries fail with "Timeout" error. Attempts to re-locate a single library are successful, but I'm not doing that for hundreds of libraries one by one. Updated on an Intel MacBook Air running Sonoma 14.4.1 and will not do so on my main DAW. Live and learn.
More and more seems a regular occurrence that Kontakt updates or Native Access updates or OS updates will break something. Not sure if this is the entropy of bad software management or just a run of bad luck. But it doesn’t encourage me to update regularly.

The number of libraries needing updates increased from around the 4 or so I had before to 25 after the update. I know for a fact that I've already updated these libraries and I am loathe to do it again just to make Kontakt feel better.

BTW, somewhat related:
Does anyone have the experience of updating libraries to an external drive on one computer and then plugging the same drive with updated libraries into another computer and being told by Native Access that the same libraries still need to be updated? Drives me mad. Yesterday, I didn't have space on the external for an update (East Asia), moved to the desktop and updated, and recognized as such. Then moved it back to the external, loaded up NA2 and sure enough the library needs an update. WHY!?

More and more seems a regular occurrence that Kontakt updates or Native Access updates or OS updates will break something. Not sure if this is the entropy of bad software management or just a run of bad luck. But it doesn’t encourage me to update regularly.
Can't be anything else but this. The consequences of enshitification.

Damn. Seeing the forum response on NIs website, 7.10.0 seems to be utterly broken. Anecdotally I’ve noticed really bad loading times on 7.9.0 in logic, fully loaded Mac Studio ultra.

Luckily I kept a backup of my nki files of the libraries that don’t require Kontakt 7, so I swapped them back to the 6.8.0 versions and have been running kontakt 6 perfectly.

What is happening? I can’t believe how bad this is getting.

For all the dumping people do on other players like Sine, Musio, etc; and all of the pining I see of people only wishing developers would only release Kontakt versions, the last year at NI has left me a hell of a lot less anxious about relying on Sine or Musio than Kontakt 7 and beyond... (FYI I installed 7.10 this evening and it's completely fucked. Logic is crippled, the Kontakt GUI is crippled, etc. It's genuinely unusable (at least mac-side), no hyperbole)...

Enshittification is the perfect description...

The number of libraries needing updates increased from around the 4 or so I had before to 25 after the update.
This is related to NA update, not Kontakt update. I actually get the same thing (99 updates for things I'm sure I've updated). I hear they added a check for supermicro version number (w.x.y.z format, supermicro being .z - while NA still displays you the regular x.y.z format only), which is a bit weird but, oh well.

EDIT: There is a fix for this. Navigate to c:\Users\Public\Documents\Native Instruments\ (or macOS equivalent) and delete the "installed_products" folder. NA will regenerate and after a refresh you will see the true status for updates.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for me the update to 7.10 was also a step in the toilet. M2 with Sonoma and Logic. Very slow and sluggish, GUI problems and high peaks. Will try to jump back with Time Machine..

Top Bottom