What's new

Kontakt Updates (current version: 7.10.1)

Nice quality updates and improvements, but man am I patiently waiting for some much needed improvements and optimizations of Quickload. When you close and reopen a Kontakt instance (not shutting down a session), Quickload searches through your database again, which means you have to wait for it to finish and makes the entire point of having a “Quickload” menu obsolete. I know most people don’t experience this, because they use the library tab to navigate and load their instruments, and I also know that Quickload wasn’t designed as an all-in-one encompassing library browser for all your samples, but it’s such a cool way of navigating through all your libraries, fast and efficiently. Dirk shed some light on the issue with the new template he’s selling, so hopefully one day my wishes might come true.
There's also small but noticeable increase in memory usage with large Quickload database. Possibly, it increases load times as well. I don't remember anymore. I've stopped using Quickload because of too many issues. You can test how it works without it by renaming Quickload folder on disk.

There's also small but noticeable increase in memory usage with large Quickload database. Possibly, it increases load times as well. I don't remember anymore. I've stopped using Quickload because of too many issues. You can test how it works without it by renaming Quickload folder on disk.

whats the path of the Quickload folder?

Yes. Transpose.

EDIT: Hahaha. The transpose multi is the same one I was already using as a user script. Hilarious.

Last edited:
Might be my imagination, but the instruments seem to load a little faster.

interesting.
I hadn't heard about the DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE addons until now and did not see it in in the official Kontakt changelog.
Is this new in 6.3.1 or was it only now introduced in the extension?

Here the changelog from the Visual Studio - KSP Extension:

Changelog
Version 0.7.9
KONTAKT 6.3.1 ready
Added Syntax highlighting.

Variable
  • $ENGINE_PAR_LFO_RANDOM
  • $EVENT_PAR_REL_VELOCITY
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE_BASS
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE_BOWED_STRING
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE_BRASS
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE_FLUTE
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE_GUITAR
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE_INVALID
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE_KEYBOARD
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE_MALLET
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE_ORGAN
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE_PLUCKED_STRING
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE_REED
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE_SYNTH
  • $NI_DETECT_INSTRUMENT_TYPE_VOCAL
Command
  • detect_instrument_type
  • get_control_par_str_arr (Undocumented)

Downloading update now. Some of my libraries have been crashing lately and I was told it was due to Kontakt. The update says those crashes should be fixed. Will update post if so.

Edit: Looks like it is fixed. Great!

Anything addressing optimal use of cores and m2 ssd drives?

What's mentioned in the changelog is all there is in. Multicore processing is already there, but supporting SSD queue depths is a pretty huge and risky rewrite of the DFD engine, so I wouldn't expect it happening any time soon.

Ed do you know if they fixed the broken AU auto replace feature? It was working with K6 but broke after 6.2

If it's not in the changelog nothing was done about it for the time being. However that issue has been noted and it is in the backlog.

Top Bottom