What's new

Renegade Acoustic Guitar | Free Update

The price will change at midnight, Sept 4, although we usually leave it for an extra day to allow for time zones.
Then it goes to $69.

FYI..

There is a hidden button that allows you to save and load strum patterns to the Data folder in the Renegade Acoustic folder. In Strum mode, just click in the upper left corner of the GUI above the "SOLO" button, and below the guitar picture icon. Save and Load buttons will appear. This function was included mainly for use during development, but it could be useful for users as well.

This, of course, makes it possible for Renegade Acoustic owners to share their own strum patterns (only the .nka files you create).

In the Data folder, you'll also find backups for the strum patterns you can load back in if you need to.

This trick also works for Effects presets when the Effects panel is open.

Hi everyone!

We've just updated Renegade Acoustic Guitar, adding new strumming patterns and incorporating Snapshots to get you to the sound you're looking for quickly!
The Snapshots range from basic acoustic picking, finger-picking, and strumming setups to more... wait for it... cinematic sounds.

Also:

-Added delay to the effects section.
-Choice of three background wallpapers.
-You can now choose whether the hammer-on interval for the third scale step is semitone or whole tone.
-Tweaked the strum engine for smoother operation.

Here's a video where I mumble on about the changes:
https://youtu.be/-cFvrjvtM8Q (Update Video)

If you already own Renegade Acoustic, you should have received an email with the download link.
If you missed it, or have removed yourself from our email list, please contact us by email.

Thanks!
-TC

How do we do this TC, just drag the samples from the old to the new update?

Okay, just found your update install pdf. :)

Last edited:
Thank for the update! I'm planning to buy this, along with several other Indiginus libraries. I bought"The Resonator" recently and have say it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

@tcollins I'm curious to know if Renegade is a brand new sample set or simply your previous acoustic samples with new scripting? I already own a couple of your previous acoustic libraries.

Does the strum engine in Renegade have all the same features as StrumMaker IV Acoustic? Thanks!
I don't see any features in the StrumMaker IV Acoustic that's not in the Acoustic Renegade.

There are a number of improvements. On the Acoustic Renegade, the "steps" control is at the top of the pattern widget, which is functionally the same as the spinner widget in StrumMaker, but a bit nicer.

There are now 46 named patterns, instead of 12 numbered patterns. You can save user patterns, but I don't think you can name user patterns.

Assigning chords and setting chord types is now a lot more sensible. There's also a new chord recognition mode. The capo was missing in the initial release of Acoustic Renegade, but was added in a recent update.

Also, the strum and solo modes are incorporated into a single instrument.

Top Bottom