What's new

GVI 3.63 posted, and a warning

synthetic

We've posted GVI 3.63. This fixes a problem that GVI players (like MUSE and Wavelore) had the same ID as GVI, so some hosts like Plogue Bidule didn't see all of the plug-ins. Just go to the edit menu and scan plug-ins and you should see both versions.

HOWEVER, since we changed the ID, the host now sees it as a different plug-in. I found this out the hard way when I loaded my well-tweaked template, using three instances of GVI loaded up, and they showed up with missing plug-ins. The solution was to downgrade to 3.62, save my template as a GSI file, upgrade and load the GSI.

So please note that you should save your setup as a GSI before upgrading, no matter which host you're using.

Here's something interesting. I was downloading an update to my RME FF400 and noticed this in the readme:

V 2.73 (07/03/2007, current firmware: 2.66 / 2.47 / 1.63)
General:
- GSIF 64 bit support added (GSIF 2.1)

How cool. A driver for a 64-bit version of GS3?

Howard

GS3 is not going to be 64-bit.

(You didn't ask me about GS4, however...)

RME is well ahead of the curve. o-[][]-o

Woo hoo. I'll drink to that! Sounds like its nearly time to retire the XP32 machine and bump the XP64 one up to 8 gigs.

Howard

I hadn't upgraded since 3.54 because it was stabile and working well within Plogue. So I finally upgraded to 3.63 and BAM! Good bye to a lot of work. Not knowing that changng the ID would have that exact effect is quite a gaffe. I would get the word out with an email to everyone with GVI.

I Failed To Desribe That Sorry,
I was replacing everything anyway, so I deemed it as un important.

I thought I would show you guys the power of Scope and GVI. I liked the Continuos Velocity Piano and the way it's filters are used in respect to velocity. But I can never leave anything alone and always want the absolute finest, and FATTEST of sounds at my gigs. So I thought I would have a little fun with CVP and had a custom Polyphonic EQ made for me which is a perfect solution.

The polyphonically applied filters sound good on CVP, but I thought if I could add even more control through velocity with polyphonic EQ's,
I could have an awesome piano. I was successful in this endeavor.

So while everyone is watching and waiting, I prefer creating. This is how a Scope user makes great sounds, and generates the much needed cash for further addictions.

Strength And Honor,

Top Bottom