What's new

Grammys

The irony is that in their eyes they are THRILLED. The news keeps reiterating ad nauseum that this corpse of a show had the best ratings in several years. That MUST mean that they are relevant and that the industry is thriving! People ARE watching........

...where do I begin.....then again, I stopped watching ages ago. When the awards that are of interest to me are quickly handed out (almost begrudgingly) in a quick & dirty afternoon assembly. The irony of telling Wayne Shorter and other giants in their compelling (read: boring) genres to keep it VERY brief is insulting......and frankly quite ironic.

Carry on men. Hold the line....

I didn't enjoy the collaborations this year as much.

I thought Taylor and Stevie combo this year was better than Jonas brothers and Stevie Wonder last year.

The awards weren't real surprising. The ones I was technically interested in were before the show. I like the comment of one the children song recipient, 'The cost to produce my album was cheaper than the valet parking for this dinner.'

Happy Terence Blanchard won. I run into the guy in my network every once in awhile. He's always playing, writing, or on the way to something.

Odd. I like Taylor Swift's singing voice generally and really love Stevie Nicks'. But I thought when they sang together that Swift was off... I wonder if she was having trouble hearing the monitors? She was spot on again as soon as Nicks stepped away. Could be she's just not a duet kind of singer.

I really tuned in to watch the Michael Jackson thing. 3-D glasses and all. Just had to see how it worked over TV.

My wife the singer had to up her medication after watching the show.

Imogen got full support from my household, btw. I didn't see that part but it was certainly the events silver lining for me.

Howard

Top Bottom