What's new

Fjordheim Drums - v2.0 update (19 april 2024)

WT/Kaada,

As I noted previously, I already purchased this library so please accept this as a friendly suggestion:

I'd remedy that situation and retract the statement above ASAP if I were selling this library, particularly for the regular price of $98.
yes, a mapping overview would be a good idea! Agreed

@wrongtools

Q1:Are you able to adress the questions from Re-peat earlier im this thread - would like to know if there are chokes limits like he describes.

Q2:Is it possible to tune the drums?

The library sounds fantastic. Brushes sounds close to perfect 👍

Q1:Are you able to adress the questions from Re-peat earlier im this thread - would like to know if there are chokes limits like he describes.
+1 To that: If you have witnessed the quality of midi mockups (especially including drums, bass and piano) that Re-peat does, you would consider it to be an absolute over-look not to react to his criticism in some way. I do consider myself buying the set during this sale, but his judgment is an important factor whenever available - especially for instruments that are not my forte (which would be drums ...).

Right so I bought this anyway.
It's causing huge spikes in cubase 11, kontakt 7.8.1

Spike is being triggered by G#1 (a hat articulation)

Same behavior in kontakt 6.8
It's unusable as is for me atm.

Can developers confirm?

Attachments

• VID-20240311-WA0000.mp4
    1.5 MB
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. So far not been able to re-create this here on Mac OSX, Logic-Pro and SSD disks. And it is loaded into the template of all new projects here with a multi-band compressor and a saturation plugin strapped on.

But I too, can get a high CPU, and even spiking when I run all signals at the same time. When that happens, I purge a signal-track or two. Usually don't need them all playing.

Why the hi-hat choke function is causing troubles is certainly not good. The script is super-simple. I wonder if it has something to do with that we put in on a second "script-slot", and not in the main-script? Guessing what we'll have to try is probably to write the hh-script into the main script. Another thought is that we could provide CPU friendly nki' alternatives with fewer samples and fewer RRs.

As you probably know @PickledPat you may simply turn off the script here by clicking "bypass". Or move the keys on which the hh script triggers.

WT003007-drumset-hhscript-vi-control.jpg

There are other hi-hat sounds on other keys included in the sets, if you need to quickly avoid triggering the script, or don't feel like clicking the bypass button on the hh-script slot.

Also it needs to be mentioned (and not to justify anything) that the open-hihat sound is short compared to a typical drum lib. The recorded set had an old hi-hat with almost no sustain. And we didn't compress while recording. So to even hear the hh-choking script work, you have to have rapid 8th or 16th notes playing.

So in reality, you won't miss it, if you just turn it off (bypass button).
:)

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. So far not been able to re-create this here on Mac OSX, Logic-Pro and SSD disks. And it is loaded into the template of all new projects here with a multi-band compressor and a saturation plugin strapped on.

But I too, can get a high CPU, and even spiking when I run all signals at the same time. When that happens, I purge a signal-track or two. Usually don't need them all playing.

Why the hi-hat choke function is causing troubles is certainly not good. The script is super-simple. I wonder if it has something to do with that we put in on a second "script-slot", and not in the main-script? Guessing what we'll have to try is probably to write the hh-script into the main script. Another thought is that we could provide CPU friendly nki' alternatives with fewer samples and fewer RRs.

As you probably know @PickledPat you may simply turn off the script here by clicking "bypass". Or move the keys on which the hh script triggers.

WT003007-drumset-hhscript-vi-control.jpg

There are other hi-hat sounds on other keys included in the sets, if you need to quickly avoid triggering the script, or don't feel like clicking the bypass button on the hh-script slot.

Also it needs to be mentioned (and not to justify anything) that the open-hihat sound is short compared to a typical drum lib. The recorded set had an old hi-hat with almost no sustain. And we didn't compress while recording. So to even hear the hh-choking script work, you have to have rapid 8th or 16th notes playing.

So in reality, you won't miss it, if you just turn it off (bypass button).

Hope you'll find your ways to work with the library until we can provide an update :)
Bypass has done the trick for now, cpu load is fine thanks 👍

Edited because this is now fixed! See below.

@wrongtools ̶I̶ ̶b̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶r̶u̶m̶e̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶o̶r̶d̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶u̶g̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶ ̶L̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶-̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶c̶k̶/̶m̶a̶l̶l̶e̶t̶/̶b̶r̶u̶s̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶d̶r̶u̶m̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶e̶t̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶c̶k̶.̶ ̶ ̶S̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶o̶b̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶p̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶v̶o̶l̶u̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶(̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶d̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶)̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶v̶e̶l̶o̶c̶i̶t̶y̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶u̶g̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶b̶t̶l̶e̶t̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶w̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶.̶

I'm on V1.0 which I think is the only version, and (full) Kontakt 6.7.1 on Windows 10.

Could you see if you can reproduce this and issue a fix?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
I agree with you that some of the mid-range bass drums samples, especially on C0, are sticking out. Probably actually too much. There are four keys with bass-drums samples on all sets. C0 is the most dynamic one. The other should be more "even" (B-1, Bb-1, A-1).

We have some other adjustments, fixes and changes that we are working on for the upcoming update. Smoothing out the bass drums particularly on C0 is added to the list. Thanks for mentioning it.

Buyers will be notified when the update is ready.

Thanks @give_the_drummer_some

Feel free to email us directly if there's anything else

Purchased. really enjoying the sound and the feel of playing it. I am experiencing some weird velocity on some keys. Particularly some cymbals where it seems to just jump abruptly from mid or low/mid to full velocity. Like it doesn't smoothly ramp up velocity as i hit harder...starts to then suddenly WHAM! Sounds really unnatural. (note I've tested with SD3 and not having this at all so pretty sure its not the keyboard or velocity map.) Anyone else have this?

I haven't explored thoroughly but D#2 is a particularly noticeable offender.

Last edited:
Purchased. really enjoying the sound and the feel of playing it. I am experiencing some weird velocity on some keys. Particularly some cymbals where it seems to just jump abruptly from mid or low/mid to full velocity. Like it doesn't smoothly ramp up velocity as i hit harder...starts to then suddenly WHAM! Sounds really unnatural. (note I've tested with SD3 and not having this at all so pretty sure its not the keyboard or velocity map.) Anyone else have this?

I haven't explored thoroughly but D#2 is a particularly noticeable offender.

You're right - there are big jumps between some velocitie groups - e.g. for D#2 the volume jump from velocity 96 - velocity 97 is really big. This is a bit different from the round-robin balancing issue that got fixed. @wrongtools were really great about the last issue, can they fix this too? Also, would love to see the ability to vary the volume per kit-piece.

popping back in to ask if the samples can be unlocked using the save as > patch+samples with the Option 'compress samples' unticked (which when unticked saves the samples as wavs)

Last edited:
Top Bottom