What's new

Favorite Criterion Films?

(Not part of the collection per se but they had Logan's Run up on their subscription site a few months ago)..

Lots of good stuff in this thread, Tarkovsky, etc. Masaki Kobayashi (Kwaidan, Human Condition) is another fave.

Fassbinder's The World on a Wire is also great if you want to see a 70s take on the ideas in the Matrix.

(Not part of the collection per se but they had Logan's Run up on their subscription site a few months ago)..

Lots of good stuff in this thread, Tarkovsky, etc. Masaki Kobayashi (Kwaidan, Human Condition) is another fave.

Fassbinder's The World on a Wire is also great if you want to see a 70s take on the ideas in the Matrix.
Interesting that they showed it. I got the impression that it was generally regarded as not very good.

Interesting that they showed it. I got the impression that it was generally regarded as not very good.
Their streaming website sometimes organizes collections by other...criteria than good, so things like cultural or historical interest, or new visual techniques also qualify. This one was up as part of a 70s sci fi collection I think

Their streaming website sometimes organizes collections by other...criteria than good, so things like cultural or historical interest, or new visual techniques also qualify. This one was up as part of a 70s sci fi collection I think
Gotcha! Makes sense :2thumbs:

Top Bottom