What's new

EWQL Hollywood Choirs and Reaper

silverling_co

Hey guys! Random question... are there any known issues with EWQL *OPUS* (specifically Hollywood Choirs) and Reaper? I have a student who's having some issues rendering out tracks. In standalone, HC works fine. In Reaper, it works fine when he is just playing the keyboard with the track selected. But when he is recording on the track or even if he's just playing back his recorded MIDI, there are all kinds of weird things happening with it. Most annoyingly, there are syllables that are dropping in WordBuilder. It's making it nearly impossible to do any projects with it.

I'll attach an audio file of what it's doing. The notes in the track were all programmed at the same velocity, CC1, CC7, CC11. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• reaper problem .mp3
    360.6 KB
Last edited:
Hey guys! Random question... are there any known issues with EWQL Play (specifically Hollywood Choirs) and Reaper? I have a student who's having some issues rendering out tracks. In standalone, HC works fine. In Reaper, it works fine when he is just playing the keyboard with the track selected. But when he is recording on the track or even if he's just playing back his recorded MIDI, there are all kinds of weird things happening with it. Most annoyingly, there are syllables that are dropping in WordBuilder. It's making it nearly impossible to do any projects with it.

I'll attach an audio file of what it's doing. The notes in the track were all programmed at the same velocity, CC1, CC7, CC11. Thanks for any help!
Have you been able to test the midi with the HW voxos preset in another daw?

A couple ideas that it could be -
Doubled midi notes skipping words
Unwanted midi CCs that snuck into the recording

Are you on a Mac with Big Sur? If so the fx plugins built inside of Play are not Big Sur compatible and might be causing the issue. They will periodically hang. The only way around it is to use OPUS or... if you want to use Play you will need to manually delete those internal Play fx plugins (in which you will get a warning every time you launch Play).

Have you been able to test the midi with the HW voxos preset in another daw?

A couple ideas that it could be -
Doubled midi notes skipping words
Unwanted midi CCs that snuck into the recording
He doesn't have another DAW, but I suppose for what he's doing something like Cubase LE would be enough for him to work. I'll have him try that! Thanks!

That example was just a single monophonic scale. And looking through the event for MIDI CC nothing else was there except the initial CC1 level. It's a weird thing, we've been at it a few weeks with no answers there.

Are you on a Mac with Big Sur? If so the fx plugins built inside of Play are not Big Sur compatible and might be causing the issue. They will periodically hang. The only way around it is to use OPUS or... if you want to use Play you will need to manually delete those internal Play fx plugins (in which you will get a warning every time you launch Play).
He's actually on Windows. Brand new computer as well. And my mistake, he's actually using OPUS, not PLAY (old habits for me!).

I can't really tell you what your problem in particular is but I can report that I have it working great in Reaper with the Play engine. I'm upgrading to OPUS in the next week here so I'll let you know how that works out.

Top Bottom