What's new

Discussion Thread for Soundpaint Products

You know that this library is very special to Troels because he's excited by it.
That's never, ever happened before, ever.
I think he may a little bit more invested in this one than some others. Who knows? I'm interested, anyway!

These Soundpaint libraries are great. Just affordable enough to jump in now again for the ones that grab your interest and a really nice engine to manipulate and merge them.

Is VI burying Soundpaint threads so they are not seen in general listings?

[Edit: it seems just this thread doesn't show up in What's New and Latest Posts? The other Soundpaint thread does. Weird. Where's the best place to chat about Soundpaint libraries?]

Last edited:
Is VI burying Soundpaint threads so they are not seen in general listings?

[Edit: it seems just this thread doesn't show up in What's New and Latest Posts? The other Soundpaint thread does. Weird. Where's the best place to chat about Soundpaint libraries?]
Here I guess(?) Though there's another in the Samples sub forum too (which I thought had been dragged down here).
If you search the term 'Adachi' you'll find a looooong thread about 8dio and how they're, basically, not very nice. The reason Mike put all 8dio/Soundpaint threads in Drama Zone (I thought) was because 8dio doesn't pay into advertising (like other companies) and yet, regularly , discussions would be at the forefront of the most popular sub forums.

The reason Mike put all 8dio/Soundpaint threads in Drama Zone (I thought) was because 8dio doesn't pay into advertising (like other companies) and yet, regularly , discussions would be at the forefront of the most popular sub forums.
That's basically correct, although to put a finer point on it, it's not so much about whether they're paying for ads (honestly, I'm glad they don't) as it is about the cynicism of how they knew they could rely on members to continually bump the 8dio flash sale thread for them. As the sales became more and more repetitive (the same sales were in a loop, albeit with slightly different prices as they'd recur each time), the thread became almost a chat-room for a group of regulars, at one point with a couple dozen cat and Barney posts, for instance.

The forum is over-busy and hard to keep up with lately, and one thing most people are tiring of is the constant emphasis on sales cluttering their Latest Posts feed. Note that I also moved some Plugin Alliance and Musio (who are an advertiser) threads here as well, for similar reasons.

I avoid Soundpaint for 2 reasons. They eat up space and the licensing is for 2 machines. What if you have 3? You can't buy 2 license in your account. I think Spitfire works that way too.

Hopefully they come up with their own compression to reduce size.

Hopefully they come up with their own compression to reduce size.
I think that the current file size is some sort of balance between compressing the files and reducing CPU load. It seems to be tailored in such a way that you can do the spectral morphing in real time (which in a way is Soundpaint's selling point) without stressing the CPU too much.

For sure they would have wanted to have smaller file sizes but probably figured that it would result in too much CPU load for their liking.

Keyswitches work great, although it took some fiddling to find how to enable it! Interesting touch to let us enable several at the same time.

I only have the flute so far, and I find myself wanting to recreate something like the original Kontakt version's layout and functionality. It's annoying you have to enable CC11 for every "part" yourself. It feels 15 years regression of UX design, where you had to tweak all the VSL patches to use CC1 for velocity x-fade instead of CC2.

I hope they add more "ready-to-go" standard patches. I don't really care if they have an "amazing" engine that let's you do "unspeakable wonders" or something. Just let me work like I'm used to - and then I might want to look at your supposedly ground breaking stuff.

And 10+ year old samples suddenly taking up 4x the space isn't ideal.

Meanwhile, deeply hidden in the unbumpable depths of the leper colony one man steadily progressed to collect any and all ported 8Dio libraries he could get his crossgrading hands on….

So what did we learn this past week?

1) Glasys makes some excellent demos

2) Ye olde Century series is going to live on as the Centurion range

Enjoy!

Meanwhile, deeply hidden in the unbumpable depths of the leper colony one man steadily progressed to collect any and all ported 8Dio libraries he could get his crossgrading hands on….

So what did we learn this past week?

1) Glasys makes some excellent demos

2) Ye olde Century series is going to live on as the Centurion range

Enjoy!

I am curious to see if/when Century Brass will be available in Soundpaint (Centurion Brass has a cool ring to it) and how it compares to the Kontakt version.

My 8Dio Kontakt library is now complete. Even though I own a couple of Claire instruments, I pulled the trigger on the $50 Claire bundle, because that price can't be beat. Until they come up with something new and interesting in Kontakt, that's probably it for me.

Soundpaint is a different story, of course.

Does 8Dio offer a discount for Soundpaint instruments that have been bought in the Kontakt version? Thinking about Claire...

Top Bottom