What's new

Introducing Salu - close up soundscapes

OrchestralTools

Hey everyone,

A huge thank you to everyone who tuned into our keynote event. We reserve these premieres for our most special releases, and we feel Salu very much fits into that category.

Speaking of which, it’s time for the official VIC unveiling of Salu–close up soundscapes, available now at a special introductory price of €279 (regular price €399).

Recorded at the Arvo Pärt Centre, Estonia–Salu is a collection of orchestral sounds and instruments for the inward journey.

Explore the finest details of sound—Salu offers a unique assembly of close, intimate, experimental instruments and textures for sensitive, inspired musical expression.

Almost two years in the making, Salu allowed us the honor of recording in the incredible atmosphere of the Arvo Pärt Centre alongside an all-star ensemble of performers and creative minds.

This collection features performances from Vox Clamantis (voices), Anna-Liisa Eller (kannel), Vetle Nærø (piano), Liis Jürgens (harps), M4GNET (string quartet), and Vambola Krigul (percussion).

The specific sonic aesthetic is an inward journey: Sounds that are delicate and intimate and expressive.

Everything was recorded to be as close to the sound as possible, with multiple mic options—close mics for each singer, for example. And you can dial-in the unique ambience of the room sound as required.

71 carefully-constructed sound design patches complement the instrumental side of Salu. All patches were created using the source recordings—enhanced and augmented by layering and effects processing.

If you want to take a detailed look at Salu, you can check out the official walkthrough below.

To check out Salu’s audio demos, or to read up a little more on the library, you can head over to the link below.

The introductory price for Salu will be available until January 1.

Best,
OT

Last edited:
Tallinn was an instabuy for me when it was released, I use it not very often though, its more a niche product but if you need it, it's really a great library (minus some small issues here and there).

I bought Tallinn when it was released because it just sounded really good and I wanted those voices. Since then, I unexpectedly starting using it as my sketching library for melodies, I just love it. Never expected this, but when open the female voices, I can get lost in the sound and just "let it go", and melodies just start flowing. I always thought I'd use a piano for that. Then I can quickly add those amazing strings for a quick accompaniment (try just the Violas with bass note and a harmony note 1-1/3 octaves up... it's so rich. Violas!), and there's my "piano sketch". So whatever update you have done, I'm in. Hands down my favorite new library.

And I am definitely... um... er... excited for the announcement.

Sincerely,
Fanboy in Arizona
;)

Hey everyone,

From the start of Spring to the deep of Winter, we’ve been spending a lot of time in Tallinn this year working on a huge project.

It’s a location and culture we share an affinity with, and we think you’re going to be really excited by what we unveil next week.

Stay tuned.

(And this one is very much worth the mysterious teaser 😉)

Best,
OT
Tallin brass

Tallin brass
That, my friend, sounds too amazing!

But either way, the original Tallinn library was/is souch a beautiful library. So naturally I have high hopes for a potential sequel! I don't use Tallinn often in my work, but I love to play it and let my emotions and thoughts go on a walk.. Also with the Sine update around the time of the Tallinn release, Sine started to be stable and inviting to/for me.

Tallinn Devastator - a mashup with Keepforest???? Extreme hybrid trailer nordic minimalism??? Just kidding...

I have the male and female choirs and I'm super interested in all things Tallinn! Stunning, stunning sound and concept.

From the joy of Spring to the melancholy of Winter, I've been spending a lot of money this year preparing a huge project that will come or will not come.

It's a habit I can't break, and I think you'll be excited about what I'm going to unveil next week. But already now I can miraculously foreshadow: I will buy or I will not buy.

Stay tuned.

children's choir := instabuy

Last edited:
Top Bottom