What's new

ACE Studio discussion thread

milford59

There seems to be some support for a separate ACE Studio discussion thread so I will start it off with this post by ThomasS - sorry but I haven’t been able to copy the links to the voices - perhaps Thomas could reply and do that , to get the thread off and running.

Thomas Said:

Demo of Three New Native English AI Voices

Ace Studio has a ton of voices (over 30) but only three are native English (David, Lien and Bianca.) Their Asian voices have great tone but can't pronounce English very well. However, using the 14-day trial, I tried out their three English voices:

Lien - Kiss and Say Goodbye

David - Kiss and Say Goodbye

Bianca - Kiss and Say Goodbye

Which, if any, do you like?

Don't judge the pronunciation too much, because I've only had the program for a little over an hour, and didn't tweak the words much. Ace Studio has excellent control over pitch curves, and a better vibrato control (note by note) which can shape the modulation and/or the the frequency as well as the onset, so it is great for this kind of soul music. This took less than an hour, because I let it read and notate the isolated vocal from the original recording, and it copied the pitch curves as well as the lyrics. It didn't get all the words right (kind of like Siri or Google) but it's easy enough to correct if you want. I only did that for a few words, since this was just a test. It fairly accurately copied the pitch curves from the recording (kind of like Praat/Hatori) but some of the vibratos and slides are not steady, so we would need to tweak them here and there. Still, it's pretty good, and you can sing your own vocals to get a human performance very quickly.

I'm going to test transferring files to and from Ace Studio and Synth V using this convertor, to see if we can get these voices triggered by Synth V, which will increase the amount of English voices we have. I don't know if anyone has tested this yet, but if it works it will be great

Based on Dr. Mix’s video, the audio vocal he recorded to midi convert tool is pretty useful.

Does SynthV have something like that?
Yes it does have AUDIO to MIDI converter .. includes the lyrics interpretation depends on how clear the pronunciation is ..

The Doctor Mix video was/is quite an impressive overview of ACE. The extra "behind the scenes" video on Doctor Mix's website is really cool/interesting too.

I'm trying to decide between ACE and SynthV right now... this thread will be helpful. Thanks all!

The Doctor Mix video was/is quite an impressive overview of ACE. The extra "behind the scenes" video on Doctor Mix's website is really cool/interesting too.

I'm trying to decide between ACE and SynthV right now... this thread will be helpful. Thanks all!
ACE has to be online when you are using it (the beta was like that if I'm not mistaken) .. but I think they've grown really fast now. I like ACE but the subscription model made me choose the synth V instead. Synth V also had grown up .. even not as quick as ACE but I think it really has potential.

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide between ACE and SynthV right now...
Then don't miss this discussion:

In my opinion Synth V is the clear winner.

Top Bottom