What's new

Vocal phrase libraries

Can you guys recommend some vocal phrase libraries? Ethnic ones in particular or some creative ones that go against the norm.

Take a Look at the Ethera Gold Thread , of Course Ethera EVI, Ethera Soundscapes.

But remember... Ethera Series is more than a Vocal Library. So take your time to see the videos

:)

The largest and most diverse world/ethnic vocal library I'm aware of is EthnoWorld 6 Voices. (EthnoWorld 6 Complete is sold in two parts, Instruments and Voices). It includes phrases, voices and choirs. It is rarely on sale, but is available today on BestService for 25% off with code SUPER2019.

There are also a lot of ethnic vocal phrases and loops in UVI's World Suite.

I love SoundIron's Mimi Page Light and Shadow. I find it very inspiring. It has over a thousand phrases. SoundIron has a many unusual male and female solo vocal libraries that feature excellent legatos, phrases, and soundscapes, so you have a lot of work ahead of you to check out all their demos.

As Clara Sorace's voice is available in Ethera 2.0, Ethera Soul Edition, Ethera Soundscapes, Ethera EVI, and soon, Ethera Gold, she is hands down the winner as the singer having the most phrases available in a virtual instrument. By combining the phrases from all of her libraries, you have more options than with anything else. She sings in every style and she is amazing. (I have all of them). As @StefanoM points out, those libraries, particularly the last few, are much more than vocal libraries.

8Dio makes a lot of solo ethnic/world female vocal libraries with lots of phrases, as well as vocal instruments, including Cait, Terrie, Francesca, and Barbary. In 2018, many of these were sold with drastic discounts, so, if you get on their mailing list, you may be able to pick up a few of these for a... song.

If you are looking for something offbeat and high-quality, check out Rast Sound. They have two Mideast Vocals collections, Balkan Vocals, Inca Spirit Vocals, Persian Vocals, Ceremonial Vocals, and India Vocals, all of which are available separately or in a collection. Their libraries usually include very long, improvisatory melodic lines.

Last edited:
Hands down Ethno world is probably the best library for that stuff. But there is also Rhodope by Strezov /lyrical builder/ , Lyrical Phrases by SonuScore, Allura ,Voices Of Cait , Voices Of Gaia :inlove:.

I like most Talirontes Shennavai and Sonuscores Lyrical Vocal Phrases, which contains phrases of rare beauty.:)

Top Bottom