What's new

NI summer update / upgrade sale

TomislavEP

First of all, I apologize for starting this thread as there are probably a few of them around already, but I'm kind of in a hurry.

Anyway, my budget for buying software is quite limited this year, so I'm currently torn between taking the advantage of the recently announced Spitfire Audio Spring Wishlist and waiting to see if Native Instruments would launch a summer sale on Komplete 12 updates / upgrades.

I've been studying Native Instruments history of sales here and according to the data, they've used to have sales on upgrades / updates as early as in springtime, but also in the summer and around Thanksgiving. So, what do you think is there a chance they would have such sale around this June, given the fact that Komplete 12 was released in the last October (I think). Also, could the postponed release of Massive X for June mean there is not going to be a sale on updates / upgrades for a longer while since Massive X should be free for those who purchase an update / upgrade to 12?

If someone has heard rumors or facts about this, or just a sheer speculation, I would be grateful to hear it. Thanks.

Im waiting for this as well, savings are ready to blow!
Could be their schedule for Massive X messes things up, like you write. I hope not, as I dont want to impulse buy something else while waiting (hrm hrm Symphobia 4!!!), not that it has ever happened before.. :whistling:

Last edited:
Thanks for replying.

Well, I'm still on the edge. For us with limited budget, any significant discount from Spitfire Audio is always tempting. On the other hand, I've already purchased most of their libraries which I've really wanted / needed to have and which I could afford myself. I'm still thinking about getting British Drama Toolkit and Glass & Steel though, but I'm guessing that Spitfire will have another Wishlist around Christmas or some discounted collection containing the libraries I could be interested in for the next Black Friday sale.

On the other hand, it seems that Native Instruments sales for updates / upgrades are actually quite rare so I wouldn't like to miss the next one, especially if it lands in June. But maybe it not going to happen for quite some time after all due to the postponed release of Massive X and perhaps also because of the fact it's not yet been a year since Komplete 12 was released.

I have been speculating that Native Instruments may introduce a subscription model to some of their products. It might as well be now, Komplete Ultimate is something I have always owned and it keeps getting bigger each year - upgrading is pretty much a yearly subscription - but I am wondering if they will formalise a subscription model at some stage going forward.

I have been speculating that Native Instruments may introduce a subscription model to some of their products. It might as well be now, Komplete Ultimate is something I have always owned and it keeps getting bigger each year - upgrading is pretty much a yearly subscription - but I am wondering if they will formalise a subscription model at some stage going forward.

It's quite possible something like this will happen in the future, similar to what Avid did with Pro Tools. I just hope there will not be any penalty if you choose not to upgrade within the certain time frame, like with Avid's Reinstatement Plan which alone cost three times more as the yearly subscription (AFAIK).

Also, with NI you could always choose to skip the update and wait for the next version of Komplete / Komplete Ultimate. Technically, you'll get the biggest bang for a buck that way since a number of their new products increases over time and you get more of them for the same price (or discounted price) if you wait. Personally, I've thought I'll skip Komplete 11 altogether and just wait for 12, but Una Corda and its regular price made me think again. ;) I have similar thoughts right now about those three new libraries that ship with Kontakt 6. I mean, the upgrade from Kontakt 5 to Kontakt 6 costs 99€ alone, which is exactly the same as the price of update from Komplete 11 to 12 if the updates / upgrades are on sale. In any case, the most sensible way for us, Komplete owners to get our hands on new NI products is to update to a newer version when the updates are on discount.

BTW, has anyone observed how much time typically must pass from the official release of Komplete version and the first update / upgrade sale? Is there some pattern here or is it kind of random thing?

I've just wanted to add that I've tried to research this a bit further, so I've googled the official release date for Komplete 11, which was supposedly released on 1st of September 2016. Assuming the information listed here is accurate, the first Komplete update / upgrade sale after that was on 1st of June 2017. So, there is possibility that NI would launch another update / upgrade sale this June. Because of this, I'm thinking about skipping the current Spitfire Wishlist Sale and wait until the next BF or Christmas.

I think also that because Massive X was postponed (it was part of the usp for komplete 12), NI might offer their regular costomer base something for the wait. In my experience NI is pretty customer oriented with their offers. I like them a lot.

...In my experience NI is pretty customer oriented with their offers. I like them a lot.
I thought this until they were less than direct about not including Symphony Series in Ultimate, then releasing the Collector's Edition and including it there.

Top Bottom