What's new

How to Install Sublime Text with KSP add-on

If you're in "Install Packages," I think it excludes any packages that are already installed. In my own case (on a Mac), I don't see KSP (or Super Calculator) show up here when I search under Install Packages, and I think it's because they're both already installed.

So my guess (speaking as someone who is most definitely not an expert) would be that you haven't actually deleted KSP from Sublime.

Last edited:
If you're in "Install Packages," I think it excludes any packages that are already installed. In my own case (on a Mac), I don't see KSP (or Super Calculator) show up here when I search under Install Packages, and I think it's because they're both already installed.

So my guess (speaking as someone who is most definitely not an expert) would be that you haven't actually deleted KSP from Sublime.
you are probably right, but then how do i update sublimeKSP?

the wiki says "Updates to the plugin will be automatically installed via Package Control."

But i did install it at first using package control and it did not update (judging from the files dates)

Last edited:
Thanks so much

at first i replaced all the files i had with the ones in the ZIP and sublime told me it could not load the light kopsia THEME (which is the one i usually use). All writing was black.

Then i just moved the files from the zip file to the package folder. It replaced the ones with the same name that were older. Now instead of 21 files i have 27...
It seems it's working but i don't know how to test if it is the updated version, what function or shortcut could i try to see if it is the latest version?

How to Install Sublime Text with KSP add-on

Last edited:
I get notices if there are updates, at least I think I do. Also I can click on "Help" in the menu and check for updates.

you are probably right, but then how do i update sublimeKSP?
As I said, I'm "speaking as someone who is most definitely not an expert," so I really don't know. In fact, I made that video largly for myself to look at whenever I have to install on a different computer, because I can never remember any of this. :grin:

With that said, here are a couple thoughts:

1. I assume you did the "Uninstall" process for SublimeKSP? I would do that again, then do the Install process.

2. I could be wrong about this, but I think that SublimeKSP only works in certain Sublime versions, which does not include whatever the newest Sublime is. (I think it works in 3, but not in 4?) So assuming that's correct, if you are in Sublime 4, then SublimeKSP may not be possible.

But that is for sublimetext, not for sublimeKSP add-on, right?
Many, if not most, of the scripts I receive from friends and developers, as well as right here on VI-Control, are in text mode. Like I showed on post 17, down in the lower right corner you can click on the word "Text", or what ever may be there, and a Menu will pop up where you can select "KSP".

And yes, the name of my "Sublime" software is "Sublime Text", in case that is confusing you.

As I said, I'm "speaking as someone who is most definitely not an expert," so I really don't know. In fact, I made that video largly for myself to look at whenever I have to install on a different computer, because I can never remember any of this. :grin:

With that said, here are a couple thoughts:

1. I assume you did the "Uninstall" process for SublimeKSP? I would do that again, then do the Install process.

2. I could be wrong about this, but I think that SublimeKSP only works in certain Sublime versions, which does not include whatever the newest Sublime is. (I think it works in 3, but not in 4?) So assuming that's correct, if you are in Sublime 4, then SublimeKSP may not be possible.
I managed to replace the files with the zip Evil Dragon pointed me to. So now i am using the latest sublimeKSP. My version of sublime text is 4126, don't know if it is 3 or 4 (maybe it's 4, considering the first digit...?)

Many, if not most, of the scripts I receive from friends and developers, as well as right here on VI-Control, are in text mode. Like I showed on post 17, down in the lower right corner you can click on the word "Text", or what ever may be there, and a Menu will pop up where you can select "KSP".

And yes, the name of my "Sublime" software is "Sublime Text", in case that is confusing you.
yes i know, thanks. I have been using sublime text for many years now. But my question was about how to update sublimeKSP within sublime text. I assumed that using package control i would download the latest sublimeKSP version. Github says it will update itself, but i did not have the latest files, so, it did not update itself. hence i had to do it manually.

and regarding the text mode, it happens sometimes that i open one of my older KSP codes and they open in text mode even though i saved them in KSP mode. i only do KSP with sublime text, so i don't know why they open like that.

I managed to replace the files with the zip Evil Dragon pointed me to. So now i am using the latest sublimeKSP. My version of sublime text is 4126, don't know if it is 3 or 4 (maybe it's 4, considering the first digit...?)
Yeah that's ST4. I still hold my ground that ST3 should be used with SublimeKSP, ST4 has some issues, or SublimeKSP has some issues with ST4, that I'm not sure how to resolve.

Top Bottom