What's new

Zoom shortcut not working in Logic 10.4.1

Lotus Lake

Hi friends,

I recently decided to switch back to Logic's default key commands and started building a new custom key command template. Since I switched to the default, however, I'm having an issue where the "control+option+click-drag" to zoom in and "control+option+click" to zoom out are not working consistently. Zooming in will always work, but sometimes "control+option+click" to zoom out does nothing.

Two things that affect whether or not it works:

1) If I zoom in then immediately zoom out using these commands it always works. However, if I zoom in and make some edits, like cutting audio regions and moving them, the zoom out command often doesn't work.

2) When I revert back to my old custom keyboard shortcut template, the zoom out function works every time. This seems particularly weird to me, because it would make me think that something in my new key commands I started building is interfering with the zoom out command. But I can't seem to even find these "control+option+click" commands in the key commands editor which, when I think about it, makes sense because it's not really a key command.

Is there something else in Logic's settings that may be causing this?

Has anyone else here had issues with the "control+option+click" to zoom out not working?

Thanks, y'all!

blinkofani

It's probably not the problem but since recently, you don't need to control+option to get the magnifying glass tool. If you start your grag from an empty space section, option+drag will do the job. If you need to start your drag from a region, you need to use control+option. In any event, it works as expected here also. Maybe your default template is corrupted. Happened to me recently…

Blink

OP
Lotus Lake

Lotus Lake

It's probably not the problem but since recently, you don't need to control+option to get the magnifying glass tool. If you start your grag from an empty space section, option+drag will do the job. If you need to start your drag from a region, you need to use control+option. In any event, it works as expected here also. Maybe your default template is corrupted. Happened to me recently…

Blink

New
I had the same thought yesterday that the key command template could be corrupted, so I made a new key command preset, re-initialized it, and re-built it with my few custom changes. Do you think should work, or is there something else you can think of that I should try to clean out that corruption?

Thanks for the feedback!

Top Bottom