What's new

Zero G Spiritoso Live Cello Phrases. Anyone have this?

YaniDee

I have it..keep meaning to use it on on something, haven't yet.It's a good 10 years old.
The sound is quite nice, kind of velvety, not over processed. I bought the whole series (Animato, Spiritoso, Perpetuo, Luminoso) from timespace.com for $124 on sale, so I wouldn't rush into this.
It's definitely usable, has some quirks with the latest versions of Kontakt.. but not modern "instant gratification".

dzilizzi

I know nothing
I think I got it for $33 during one of their sales... I haven’t really found a use for it. I think it is phrased based, but you have to need the actual phrases. But I just quickly went through it. I wouldn’t pay full price for it.

OP
pderbidge

pderbidge

Thanks for the replies. It's exactly what I thought it might be. Something that is phrases but probably not as customizable as a Sonokinetic phrase library, although it does at least seem to allow the phrases to be played in different key signatures within Kontakt so not as bad as just having a wav based loop library. For what it is $30 doesn't seem too bad but still enough to make me think it over some more before deciding.

berto

almost never found any place for it in my music, not that it is a fault of the library which i still think it was a cool idea

OP
pderbidge

pderbidge

almost never found any place for it in my music, not that it is a fault of the library which i still think it was a cool idea
I think that is definitely the challenge with Phrase based libraries. It's that one time that you are glad you had it but then it might sit for months or even years til you find you need what it has again. That is why I am ok with picking something up for $30 or less but never want to pay full price.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
I think that is definitely the challenge with Phrase based libraries. It's that one time that you are glad you had it but then it might sit for months or even years til you find you need what it has again. That is why I am ok with picking something up for $30 or less but never want to pay full price.
Second-guessing myself for not getting Spiritoso, and now Luminoso is @ ~$30.
Zero-G surely has their marketing chops, but these on-day promos area put-off, especially when very complementary lib comes up the next day. Then something far different. :sad:

OP
pderbidge

pderbidge

Second-guessing myself for not getting Spiritoso, and now Luminoso is @ ~$30.
Zero-G surely has their marketing chops, but these on-day promos area put-off, especially when very complementary lib comes up the next day. Then something far different. :sad:
Don't second guess yourself. I didn't pick it up either, I just meant I wouldn't have been too dissapointed of its limited use at $30 but I'm being very picky right now because there are other priorities in both music and life for me right now. But Luminoso sounds interesting. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check that one out.

dzilizzi

I know nothing
I should probably have qualified this. I think it is usable if you get it for around $30. I wouldn't pay more because the usability is limited. You reminded me of it and I may use Spiritoso in something I'm working on now. The up/down 8th triplets will make a nice base for my violin. It is just a little limited. And I think if you are good with Kontakt and making Multis, you could probably get it to work well. To get enough variation in the lines you have to load different instuments. Each only does one type of thing, though there are options to change things up with keyswitches, it isn't really enough variation within each nki, if that makes sense.

Anf I think if you have limited resources you can probably do the same thing with a cello instrument and an arp. It does sound nice, though. I just wouldn't pay over $40 for it. My 2 cents.

Satorious

I have the whole series. First thing - they go on sale regularly - don't feel the need to jump until the price is really low (or better yet until you have a personal need for it)! Like others, I don't use this often and it's limited in what it does. That said it can add a bit of backing colour to a track. I used it in a quick Christmas track which was cobbled together for fun a few years back (whilst trying to drown out the noise from the terrible film the children were watching at the time). It also uses Perpetuo - it's flute based cousin:

Animato is my favourite from this series (that one get a lot of usage - it's not phrase-based like the others - more atonal, pad and riser type material), but it all depends what type of music you compose.

Top Bottom