What's new

Zen Drum by Fracture Sounds - Available now

willbedford

Composer - Sample Library Developer
We're pleased to announce our new Kontakt library, Zen Drum, a deep sampled steel tone drum.

A lot of care and attention was spent capturing the natural nuances of the instrument. This includes our unique 'tonal resonance' feature, which reproduces the effect of neighbouring notes resonating alongside the main note - this is an important sonic characteristic of the instrument. More information about this feature can be found on the product page or in the walkthrough video below.

zen-drum-gui-screenshot.jpg

We have also brought back our popular 'atmosphere layer' feature, which can be found in several of our previous libraries. this layer was created by manipulating the dry recordings, and blends perfectly with the instrument to create lush, sustained tails.

Demo Playlist:

Video Walkthrough:

For more info, please visit https://fracturesounds.com/product/zen-drum/

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
Thanks!
Will
Fracture Sounds

Last edited:
Released for 5 seconds and I have a complaint already....

No moveable keyswitches? What are we, barbarians? ;)

Really love your stuff, just a suggestion for more improved playing ability. Otherwise another amazing release, really like the atmos controls. Congrats!

Also, the spokesman in the walkthrough, perhaps give Jon Hamm’s agent a call?

Cheers! -XB

Last edited:
You can map the articulation switches to any CC for real-time control. Keyswitches are a good idea though (although I dislike using them, personally)

Sorry, what? o_O

Good to know, thanks. Keyswitches work well for adding accents with another articulation, as long as the key assignments are adjustable. Seems two small arrow keys for sliding it up and down the keyboard works best. On many SFA instruments I wish the playable keys could also slide (and reflect it on an NKS keyboard) but perhaps that is down the road for Kontakt.

And the last part was a little joke. A well known actor in the states who is now a spokesperson on numerous commercials here. Your videos are great though, don’t change a thing.:2thumbs:

Exactly what i was looking for.
I like the pan drums a lot to spice up a composition.
Woodchester has become my fav creative piano, yet another great product.
Bravo.

(I’m very tempted by the tibetan singing bowl too)

This sounds great, and the resonance feature looks very useful.

A question though... are there ADSR controls? eg. if you wanted to remove some of the attack?

We're pleased to announce our new Kontakt library, Zen Drum, a deep sampled steel tone drum.

A lot of care and attention was spent capturing the natural nuances of the instrument. This includes our unique 'tonal resonance' feature, which reproduces the effect of neighbouring notes resonating alongside the main note - this is an important sonic characteristic of the instrument. More information about this feature can be found on the product page or in the walkthrough video below.

zen-drum-gui-screenshot.jpg

We have also brought back our popular 'atmosphere layer' feature, which can be found in several of our previous libraries. this layer was created by manipulating the dry recordings, and blends perfectly with the instrument to create lush, sustained tails.

Demo Playlist:

Video Walkthrough:

Zen Drum is currently available for an intro price of £19.99, which will increase to £29.99 on June 12th.

For more info, please visit https://fracturesounds.com/product/zen-drum/

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
Thanks!
Will
Fracture Sounds

I love the dreamy sound. One question, is there a way to module/change/sequence the "Tonal centre of the resonance" whit a controller ? It would be a real plus for the instrument, being able to change the tonal centre when playing, I imagine a sequence of "Em, Dm, Cm, turning behind when playing in an other scale... :2thumbs:

Hey Will, sorry to ask about an other product, but, I had a look at your "Granulate 2" you write :
  • Create your own sounds – Import any supported audio file and transform it using the powerful granular engine.
  • So I can import any supported audio of my own into it ? What is the procedure ? Thanks and congrats for your good work.

I love the dreamy sound. One question, is there a way to module/change/sequence the "Tonal centre of the resonance" whit a controller ? It would be a real plus for the instrument, being able to change the tonal centre when playing, I imagine a sequence of "Em, Dm, Cm, turning behind when playing in an other scale... :2thumbs:
??? No answer ???

I believe your question may involve looking into whether Kontakt can do this within the sampleset AND scripting he's done already. Give him time to research the question and answer. 24hrs is being a bit impatient for such a major feature that I'm not sure yet exists in the marketplace. ;) Cheers.
Are you the dev ? "Impatient", the lib does it or not, it's a very simple question and I'm waiting for a simple answer ; the dev himself encourage people to ask, so I ask... "I'm happy to answer any questions you may have."Thanks! Will

The tonal centre control works like a slider, so you can map it to a CC controller by right-clicking. So yes, it can be automated in real-time.

Hey Will, sorry to ask about an other product, but, I had a look at your "Granulate 2" you write :
  • Create your own sounds – Import any supported audio file and transform it using the powerful granular engine.
  • So I can import any supported audio of my own into it ? What is the procedure ? Thanks and congrats for your good work.
Samples can be imported into the mapping window in the patch editor. It's explained on page 3 of the manual here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxd213g2kmimbwr/Granulate 2 - Manual.pdf?dl=0

Are you the dev ? "Impatient", the lib does it or not, it's a very simple question and I'm waiting for a simple answer ; the dev himself encourage people to ask, so I ask... "I'm happy to answer any questions you may have."Thanks! Will
Sorry I haven't logged in to VI Control in a few days. I was AFK celebrating my birthday over the weekend. There's still a week left for the intro sale though :)

The tonal centre control works like a slider, so you can map it to a CC controller by right-clicking. So yes, it can be automated in real-time.

Samples can be imported into the mapping window in the patch editor. It's explained on page 3 of the manual here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxd213g2kmimbwr/Granulate 2 - Manual.pdf?dl=0

Sorry I haven't logged in to VI Control in a few days. I was AFK celebrating my birthday over the weekend. There's still a week left for the intro sale though :)
Great ! That's a good news... So, Happy Birthday Will, keep doing Great libs.

Really nice recordings, and I really like the option to control the resonance. Often a problem with these types of instruments is getting the overall sound to ring out naturally.

Bought it, very happy with the instrument, I made a small modification, I've changed the pitch bend to 12, so I get an octave down or up, and the sound is still perfectly usable. Will, your demos are of very good quality, congrats to the composers.

Top Bottom