Your gems from the Kontakt Factory library?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by evilantal, May 2, 2016.

1. There are quite a few gems in the Kontakt Factory Library, yet it's so easy to overlook the power and potential of the same due to the huge ecosystem of dedicated libraries, not only by boutique 3rd party developers but also by Native Instruments themselves.

My personal favorites from the factory library are probably Harp, Celesta, a few Choir patches, orchestral percussion, but also some of the instruments from the World Collection such as Shakuhachi, Bagpipes, even Steel Drums. Recently, I've begun exploring the included Synth sounds; there are some nice suprises there, especially in the pad category, though I would like to see a bit better selection of pluck and lead sounds myself.

In any case, I think that Factory Selection should always be at one's hand, even as your collection of dedicated libraries grows over time.

MartinH. likes this.
  2. poetd

poetd Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    If you like the factory Harp (as good as any out there imo, except perhaps OT), then make sure you check out the built in Scripts in Kontakt for pedal switching and altering the glissando.
    Still a gem.

cqd and Meetyhtan like this.
  3. kessel

kessel Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Nice, didn't know there is a shakuhachi in this library too. Even when I already own some very good shakuhachi library I think I could make use of this one as well

4. Desire Inspires

Desire Inspires To the stars through desire....

Jul 30, 2016
    Miami Beach
    Yeah, I just used them for a trailer track I’m working on. Pretty good sound out of the box for backing melodies.

storyteller likes this.
  5. dreddiknight

dreddiknight New Member

Aug 20, 2015
    This thread is pure gold! I have rarely even looked at the built in library; that's about to change.
    Thanks all.

evilantal, Dandezebra and Meetyhtan like this.
  6. Mornats

Mornats Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    I just checked out the synth pads for the first time off the back of this thread and I love them. I've had a nice play with them and popped Tantra on some for some nice underscore type sounds.

Meetyhtan likes this.