What's new

Your gems from the Kontakt Factory library?

There are quite a few gems in the Kontakt Factory Library, yet it's so easy to overlook the power and potential of the same due to the huge ecosystem of dedicated libraries, not only by boutique 3rd party developers but also by Native Instruments themselves.

My personal favorites from the factory library are probably Harp, Celesta, a few Choir patches, orchestral percussion, but also some of the instruments from the World Collection such as Shakuhachi, Bagpipes, even Steel Drums. Recently, I've begun exploring the included Synth sounds; there are some nice suprises there, especially in the pad category, though I would like to see a bit better selection of pluck and lead sounds myself.

In any case, I think that Factory Selection should always be at one's hand, even as your collection of dedicated libraries grows over time.

Somebody else mentioned it in another thread a while back, so I'm not sure who to credit, but the choir is surprisingly good for oohs and ahhhs. It reminds me of airy vocals used by James Horner (such as Titanic).

Yeah, I just used them for a trailer track I’m working on. Pretty good sound out of the box for backing melodies.

I just checked out the synth pads for the first time off the back of this thread and I love them. I've had a nice play with them and popped Tantra on some for some nice underscore type sounds.

The bass guitar. With the tone turned down to about 10 o'clock, it has this warm and big sound which sounds great in a mix, and is very close to the bass tone I hear in my head.

I use it for pop and rock songs, as well as in my epic orchestral tracks.

I was triggered by the recent thread on Glockenspiel libraries where the one from the Kontakt Factory library did rather well in a blind test (thanks for that).
I've also used the harp from the Factory Library before.

Are there any more undiscovered/underappreciated gems in the Factory Library in your opinions?
Just had to go check ... I am shocked at how good the glock is

when I did a blind piano comparison the majority thought that the kontakt factory concert grand was actually HZ Piano, which I thought was... interesting.
I won't say it's the best out there and I'm no concert pianist testing the max limits of pianos, but I think I have a good ear and (based on an initial listen at least) think the concert grand is really nice.

I have heard some great things with the Kontakt Factory brass. I assume this takes some under-the-hood work, but it sounds very good.

I like what I've heard of the ensembles, but not the solos.

I use the Electric Guitar (jazz) alot. Tweak the sound to get a warm and round tone. Sounds really nice!

I ALso use the MkII retro Machine that comes with Kontakt 6 full version I think? Really fun stuff there too!

Top Bottom