Your Final Judgements: Metropolis Ark 1

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Parsifal666, Apr 23, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Parsifal666

Parsifal666 I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    I have thus embraced, oh Yoda-ic grasshoppa.

whitewasteland likes this.
  2. It's a fantastic library. I wrote this after getting it if you want more user examples: https://clyp.it/0eljocx1
    Brass is all Ark (except for the occasional pitch wavering). Choir, Low Strings, Piano, and most of the percussion are also Ark. Even the bizarre "synth" is a low brass line made with Ark, then reversed and pitch shifted up two octaves. That's clearly not a normal use of the library though. ;)

ag75 and Parsifal666 like this.
  3. fretti

fretti Senior Member

Do you have addblock (on)? Was once the reason I couldn't proceed a purchase with my credit card...

Parsifal666 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    Thanks, I just got through, downloading now...I'm getting into my avatar's mode :) :) :)

fretti likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    WAGNER, MAHLER, UND ROZSA Über Alles!!!

6. Brian Nowak

Brian Nowak Active Member

Jan 9, 2018
    See? Aren't you already a happier person? Now go forth and make the BRAAAAAAAM sounds! :dancer:

Parsifal666 likes this.
  7. Saxer

Saxer Senior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Frankfurt/Germany
    Ok, I'll take it back...

8. OP
    OP
    Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    See what happens when I spend too much time here? lol!

Nahh, getting a new sample library is always really inspiring, so I know I'll be writing. That's always a good thing imo.

Besides, I haven't bought anything since BHOT last June.

Saxer likes this.
  9. benmrx

benmrx Senior Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Seattle
    Not sure if this is your first OT library using the capsule engine, but IMO it's (currently) the best Kontakt engine for orchestral libraries. One of my favorite patches from Ark 1 is a polyphonic keyswitch instrument with the Unison Spiccato and Blurred Spiccato articulations setup to crossfade with CC1.

zimm83 and Parsifal666 like this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    I was a bit disappointed with Ark 1 at first, since I already had great stuff like EWH, EWSCP, and the Albions (Iceni in particular had what I heard as overlap with Ark 1). Once I bought Ark 2 I was almost completely converted; today I use 1 and 2 on so many projects.

For all considering: I recommend buying both 1 and 2, the two are eminently complementary. The whole thing can get a bit too roomy at times; however, judicious use of the release and close mics can fix that swimmingly well.

markleake, sostenuto, jbuhler and 2 others like this.
  11. markleake

markleake Recovering sale addict

Nov 8, 2015
    Very true @Parsifal666. I recently got Arks 1, 2 and 3 in their big sale, and the Ark 1 & 2 mix is very much needed I think.

I am tending to use Ark 2 more than 1, especially the brass. But I'm starting to use Ark 1 now also. These two libraries are very well thought out and produced, and provide some great alternatives to other more standard libraries I have. Ark 2 especially is one of those "must haves" for me. I'm reaching for it all the time. Why don't more companies record bass trumpets!? Seriously.

12. William Palmer

William Palmer Member

Aug 7, 2018
    London
    Great value for the great sounds, buy it.
    I work the library into 'non-trailer-y' music all the time

2nd this, but again there's STILL so much more good stuff in there that this doesn't sour me on the overall purchase.

13. OP
    OP
    Parsifal666

Sep 7, 2015
    E. YeeHaw, Indiana
    LOVE Ark 2, probably a bit better than 1 (but only because I think Iceni knocks Ark 1 out when it comes to heavy strings). I'm completely cuckoo over the bass trumpets, clarinets, sweet sul tasto. Great library imo. I actually wish I'd have bought 2 first, as I mentioned 1 was a disappointment before I bought the other.

markleake likes this.