What's new

Your favourite Jerry Goldsmith score

I don't know much about his supposed best works but I have always liked the score for 'The Edge'. It was a film we had, and I remember thinking...wow those saxophones sound really good! lol

Star Trek TMP. Using music to help convey the story of a ship floating around in space for 3 hours
Star Trek Insurrection. Meh movie, but in certain scenes the music still makes the hair stand up on my skin.
Star Trek Voyager theme. The only good thing about that show. He also won an Emmy for that theme.
But with a composer so good, it’s hard to pick just one.

Total Recall - Action tunes but with a melodic hook, unparalleled.
Star Trek One..man..the whole NCC Ride to Voyager - that underscore there is...man..get a hard dick always.
Basic Instinct - Well at times I don´t felt that the soundtrack fitted the movie sometimes, but the soundtrack is so well done, just to listen alone is great.

Planet of the apes...ouch....percussion massacre at its best

Poltergeist..Rambo...oh man..there are so many titles..the list..is endless..uah..bamm..alien...man..those woodwinds thirds in their higher registers with the delay..uah..

sorry..I need some beers now..

Gremlins
Poltergeist
First Blood
The Omen
Alien

Difficult to pick one, so many amazing scores!

I have so many. Inchon, Night Crossing, Pappilion, Under Fire, (loved the collaboration with Pat Metheney and JG on UF) off the top of my head.

Top Bottom