What's new

Your Favorite Reverb?

Just spent an hour last night trying all the best reverbs in my modest cabinet -- the Logic reverbs, Blackhole, Xenoverb -- on a synth line before settling on AudioThing's miniVerb. o_O It's really very context-dependent.

But generally Logic's Space Designer is my favorite.

Still searching for the ideal reverb setup, but right now for my scores (Goldsmith style) I use a combination of 3 Vienna Suite's Convolution Reverbs (Teldex impulses) for different instrument groups, trimmed to 1-1.2 seconds. Over it all there is an algorithmic reverb, sometimes UAD Lexicon 442 and sometimes Valhalla. I've had decent results with the Vienna Suite hybrid reverb as well.

- Valhalla DSP Room as Swiss army knife and for the long rich reverbs
- Wave Convolution IR1 (I imported some External Binaural IR files) for more realistic hall/chamber reverb (and to get depth of field (distant sound source effect))

Still searching for the ideal reverb setup, but right now for my scores (Goldsmith style) I use a combination of 3 Vienna Suite's Convolution Reverbs (Teldex impulses) for different instrument groups, trimmed to 1-1.2 seconds. Over it all there is an algorithmic reverb, sometimes UAD Lexicon 442 and sometimes Valhalla. I've had decent results with the Vienna Suite hybrid reverb as well.

GOLDSMITH YAY! +1 million

The parking garage in my condo complex is a great echo chamber. If I could only convince the HOA to let me wire a stereo pair of mics and a speaker up to my studio...I could finally use that Dante port on my interface!!! :)

I've tried some fair amount of reverbs but end up using Valhalla Vintage $50 together with Lexicon MPX $30 (when on sale).

Lots of great reverbs out there now... my current favorites are Liquid Sonics Seventh Heaven and Relab LX 480. EW Spaces and Valhalla Room also get used quite a bit.

Lots of great reverbs out there now... my current favorites are Liquid Sonics Seventh Heaven and Relab LX 480. EW Spaces and Valhalla Room also get used quite a bit.
Seventh Heaven is great. Even the smaller one sounds fantastic to me. Also much love for Altiverb, B2 and Pro-R!

Reactions: nas
To derail this topic a bit, I was looking for better ER impulses for my Samplemodeling stuff, and realized that I actually have quite a many which came with LASS.

If you have LASS, try out the impulses out with any loader and prepare for a very positive surprise! They can be found at ...\LASS Full 2 Library\Samples\LASS IRs in both 44.1 and 48khz.

This is how far I've gotten using a reverb send with NI Replika set to "diffusion" mode, with lots of feedback and a multiband compressor after it to boost the low frequencies. I'm open to suggestions.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/replika-reverb-mp3.19655/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• replika-reverb.mp3
    938.8 KB · Views: 28
I think that for orchestral mock-ups especially, having good stereo placement and depth is more important than the actual reverb. I am in the market for a new verb though so thanks to the OP.
Yes, I'm quoting a 1 year old post, just needed some way to insert myself into the discussion of this interesting thread.
I agree with mikeh. Stereo placement and depth is crucial, especially the later is best achieved by making good use out of the mic options your library offers, if possible. That's something you'll never achieve with additional ER or tails from your (whatever) reverb plugin.
However I do still believe in the glue function of reverb (tails), to a certain degree. And of course, as mentioned before, as an obviously audible stand-out effect (mostly on individual instruments).
My current reverb is RC48, which is mainly because it's the most expensive one I own. Expensive equals good, right? Honestly though, besides the stock reverb, I got a lack when it comes to much more reverb more options.
As it was mentioned so often in this thread and because I like the "never-on-sale-$50" marketing from Valhalla, I added Valhalla Room to my "soon to be purchased" list. Not because I'm convinced I will make my music sound much better than with RC48, but rather as a test to myself if it makes a difference. If it still sounds like crap, well, my fault then ;)

As it was mentioned so often in this thread and because I like the "never-on-sale-$50" marketing from Valhalla, I added Valhalla Room to my "soon to be purchased" list. Not because I'm convinced I will make my music sound much better than with RC48, but rather as a test to myself if it makes a difference. If it still sounds like crap, well, my fault then ;)

Let us know how it goes, I'm still using RC48 for most things and was wondering "Do I really need anything else?".

Top Bottom