Your Favorite Reverb?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Peter Stallo, Nov 16, 2018.

1. IsmaelOrtiz

IsmaelOrtiz New Member

Apr 23, 2019
    112dB Mikron, I'd get in bed with it.

2. Wally Garten

Wally Garten Active Member

Apr 23, 2018
    Just spent an hour last night trying all the best reverbs in my modest cabinet -- the Logic reverbs, Blackhole, Xenoverb -- on a synth line before settling on AudioThing's miniVerb. o_O It's really very context-dependent.

But generally Logic's Space Designer is my favorite.

3. xanderscores

xanderscores New Member

Jul 25, 2018
    Vienna
    Still searching for the ideal reverb setup, but right now for my scores (Goldsmith style) I use a combination of 3 Vienna Suite's Convolution Reverbs (Teldex impulses) for different instrument groups, trimmed to 1-1.2 seconds. Over it all there is an algorithmic reverb, sometimes UAD Lexicon 442 and sometimes Valhalla. I've had decent results with the Vienna Suite hybrid reverb as well.

Apostate likes this.
  4. ratherbirds

ratherbirds Active Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Nancy, France
    - Valhalla DSP Room as Swiss army knife and for the long rich reverbs
    - Wave Convolution IR1 (I imported some External Binaural IR files) for more realistic hall/chamber reverb (and to get depth of field (distant sound source effect))

smallberries and Apostate like this.
  5. Apostate

Apostate Member

Feb 7, 2018
    GOLDSMITH YAY! +1 million

6. I like music

I like music Senior Member

Oct 26, 2015
    +2 million

Got any examples of your stuff @xanderscores. Anything Goldsmith, I'm on.

Regarding reverbs, just using Reverberate 2. Does the job fairly well on its own...

7. ratherbirds

Jul 14, 2017
    Nancy, France
    Do you remember the connection between J. Goldsmith and Valhalla Room?

8. jmauz

jmauz Member

The parking garage in my condo complex is a great echo chamber. If I could only convince the HOA to let me wire a stereo pair of mics and a speaker up to my studio...I could finally use that Dante port on my interface!!! :)

9. TomaeusD

TomaeusD New Member

Nov 24, 2018
    Ambience. Yes... the free one by Magnus. :) Then it's all Vallhalla.

10. germancomponist

germancomponist Senior Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Germany
    Cubase included reverbs and the Lexicon PCM .... .

Apostate likes this.
  11. ratherbirds

Jul 14, 2017
    Nancy, France
    Alien movie (J. Goldsmith's Music Score, names of Valhalla's algorithms : Narcissus, Nostromo, Sulaco, LV-426)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Land of Missing Parts likes this.
  12. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    I've tried some fair amount of reverbs but end up using Valhalla Vintage $50 together with Lexicon MPX $30 (when on sale).

13. nas

nas Active Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Jordan / Toronto
    Lots of great reverbs out there now... my current favorites are Liquid Sonics Seventh Heaven and Relab LX 480. EW Spaces and Valhalla Room also get used quite a bit.

ricoderks likes this.
  14. ricoderks

ricoderks Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Limburg
    Seventh Heaven is great. Even the smaller one sounds fantastic to me. Also much love for Altiverb, B2 and Pro-R!

nas likes this.
  15. Thorsten Meyer

Thorsten Meyer Senior Member

Big Sky for me, in the box there are so many that are great and no number one from my point of view.

16. Henu

Henu Senior Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Finland
    To derail this topic a bit, I was looking for better ER impulses for my Samplemodeling stuff, and realized that I actually have quite a many which came with LASS.

If you have LASS, try out the impulses out with any loader and prepare for a very positive surprise! They can be found at ...\LASS Full 2 Library\Samples\LASS IRs in both 44.1 and 48khz.

17. MartinH.

MartinH. Senior Member

Jun 16, 2018
    And to derail it further, do you have an idea how to get such a thick and dark reverby wall of sound as in this track?

18. MartinH.

MartinH. Senior Member

Jun 16, 2018
    This is how far I've gotten using a reverb send with NI Replika set to "diffusion" mode, with lots of feedback and a multiband compressor after it to boost the low frequencies. I'm open to suggestions.

Attached Files: