What's new

Your Favorite Reverb?

I'm looking for a reverb to use in VEP6 to help blend patches from different libraries. I have some FabFilter stuff and was thinking about adding their reverb, but figured it might be best to get some opinions first.

I just want to even them out before putting a convolution reverb on the whole stem.

Thoughts?

What I've been doing lately is using an instrument specific convolution reverb from EW Spaces on the different orchestral tracks, and then using Nimbus as a finishing reverb on the mix buss. Hard to go wrong with Exponential Audio for reverbs. I also very much like Valhalla verbs.

Personally use Fab Filter's Pro-R and it's great! I recall Spitfire did a reverb plug-in 'shoot-out' and I believe their top two ended up being Pro-R and Valhalla, so definitely worth looking into those both.

I still use Waves Renn verb on occasion but my go-to ‘musical’ reverb is 112db’s RedlineReverb although UVI’s Sparkverb is seeing more and more use.

Earlier this year, I demoed a bunch of reverbs... all of them, pretty much. I'm a reverb junkie, and expected to want at least a couple of them immediately.

You know what? *None* of them came even close to my trusty Valhalla Room, to my ears. Some were shockingly unappealing given the high regard they are held in.

The only two that didn't fall totally flat were Pro-R and Spaces, but even Pro-R just felt... kind of dead. Spaces showed promise.

Sean Costello puts some voodoo into his plugins that I just can't find anywhere else.

Fabfilter Pro-R would be great for blending/shaping, as it gives you more control over the tonal characteristics of the reverb, including how different frequencies respond to what you've made.

That said, I primarily use EW Spaces because my primary orchestral library set is Hollywood Orchestra, so that's my "reference room", if you will. If I need to blend something else with it, I usually reach for one of the EW Studio impulses to put it roughly in the same space.

Personally use Fab Filter's Pro-R and it's great! I recall Spitfire did a reverb plug-in 'shoot-out' and I believe their top two ended up being Pro-R and Valhalla, so definitely worth looking into those both.

My experience with Pro R is different, and I have stopped believing in what Spitfire says and why they say certain things after losing my hard earned cash for a number of their products that I rate as really crap

Last edited:
My favorites are Black Hole and Valhalla Shimmer. Maybe more used for sound design since they're a pretty big space. There's also a great little freebie I find myself using more than ever these days called Subspace from Zynaptiq. This is a gem. You can get some beautiful long reverb ambiance out of it.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of other reverbs that have been neglected for a long time because of 2CAudio B2. Since a couple of days I also added 2CAudio Precedence for my SampleModeling Brass for shaping a coherent stage feeling. Works like a charm for me.

Top Bottom