What's new

Your favorite Komplete-bundled NI piano library?

Arise

Hey guys,

What's your favorite piano library from the ones that come bundled with Komplete (the basic edition), and why?

Here are the libraries I'm refering to:

The Giant
The Gentleman
The Grandeur
The Maverick
Una Corda

Hard to choose from those as I like them all.
I would put them in this order starting with the best (and what I use the most at least at the moment, which could change depending on the project.)

Una Corda
The Grandeur
The Gentleman
The Giant
The Maverick

The Maverick.

Turn the Tone down full soft and close the lid.
Turn on space and pick Church, set amount and size to 1-2pm.
Expand Tone and turn on Compressor, Glue preset set to about 40%
Expand Anatomy and turn up overtones a touch.

And either turn on all the noises and level to taste or layer with just the noises from Una Corda (turn off "Main") low passed with a similar reverb setting.

Nice! I will have to try this as I often overlook that piano. Thanks for the tip.

The Gentleman.
But I like them all as they’re very pliable and tweakable.

Underrated. As with everything NI.

The Giant followed closely by the Grandeur. The Gentleman gets some use as well. I thought I would love the Una Corda but haven't used it nearly as much as I anticipated.

The Maverick.

And either turn on all the noises and level to taste or layer with just the noises from Una Corda (turn off "Main") low passed with a similar reverb setting.
The Maverick is the only one I haven't used at all. I'll have to try this.

Interesting, many different preferences, nice :)

They are all pretty nice though!

The Maverick.

Great settings - thanks. Now a new snapshot in my library.

The Giant followed closely by the Grandeur. The Gentleman gets some use as well. I thought I would love the Una Corda but haven't used it nearly as much as I anticipated.

The Maverick is the only one I haven't used at all. I'll have to try this.
The Maverick is a specially made C.Bechstein grand piano from 1905 if I recall correctly - lovely vintage tone, and "plays" really well.

The Maverick.

Thanks for your Maverick tips poetd - just tried your settings and it inspired this little ambient piece:

I honestly haven't gotten much use out of most of the pianos yet although I've played around with them.

I'm embarrassed to say I've gotten the most use out of Alicia's Keys as it's been useful for a couple of my non-orchestral ideas. I do really like the sound of Una Corda and hope to be able to use it soon.

1. The Grandeur (simple grand piano, great sound a little hard to fit in the mix though, still my way to go piano overall)
2. The Giant (huge sound! I love to play at max softness and enable XXL)
3. Una Corda (remarkable sound. Great for emotional, silent music and Improvisation)
4. The Gentleman (Classic upright for vintage sound, clips way to fast though!)
5. The Maverick (Haven‘t really used a lot yet. Might be good, but I can‘t give proper Feedback)

Top Bottom