What's new

Your experience with sax VI's?

I didn't see anybody mention this library but one of my favorites is the Warp IV sax libary at WarpIV.com. I've purchased and used just about all the libraries mentioned in this thread so far even in combinations with other libraries trying to get that perfect sax sectional sound, except SWAM btw but only because I have the original Four Brothers by Sample Modeling and got confused by the split as to who had what, but I feel like I've gotten decent results with all the libraries mentioned. I'm like you all in that I find it difficult to achieve that full rich ensemble sax sectional sound ( I play sax too, own several Yamahas & Selmers from alto to bari) like of the 40's Big Band era. I kind of think it had more to do with my voicings using three to four saxes instead of five that might have been the problem. Doing it by hand, a full Big Band is quite time consuming to input so I've kind of put the hobby to the side the past few years and have been doing 3d modeling instead. The fellow, Saxer, he's my preference for best sax sectional and big band sound of any track, Bluzen Basin or something like... awesome track! Oh, and I also found out that I'm terrible at mixing and I think that's a whole other beast to tame trying to get the best sax sound out of the libraries. Just my two cents.

Thanks Dave, and I just did, and what he's saying in that thread is the same he'll tell you on the phone and email; I've spoken to him a few times. When I first started coming to vi-control.net when this subject came up his library was recommended frequently. Why the drop-off in publicity since is a little baffling to me but he never advertises as far as I can tell. And I have all his libraries except for the newest sax library cause I thought I would try to get some use out of BBB which for a short while you could get at $800. And honestly, I have more trouble understanding how BBB works than any other library I got and seriously, I got them all. Except the Mojo one, don't have it.

Top Bottom